Chapter 40 - Plans

The girl, whom Tripp called Chi, took (Y/N) to a bathroom and locked the door behind them.

     The knife was kept pointed at her that (Y/N) would glance toward it every few seconds. Who exactly was this girl? The Red Dogs were a gang of men. What was she doing here?

      Chi listened to the door for a moment to make sure no one was coming. Once it sounded clear, she turned back to (Y/N) and tossed the duffel bag full of food onto the floor. "Who are you?"

      The nurse could ask the same but Chi wasn't being threatened with a knife. "I'm with the people those men took."

"You're Satellite?" The girl looked her up and down. "You don't look like it."

"I'm not. It's... complicated." (Y/N) decided not to reveal her condition for now. At least not until she knew this girl wouldn't be an issue. "You're a Red Dog?"

       Chi rolled her eyes as if the assumption was a joke. "I'm not with those drunks. Those are my dad's people."

      (Y/N)'s eyes widened in shock. She couldn't have heard that right.

"He thinks kidnapping Satellite people is gonna get him rich. It's stupid." Chi grunted and lowered the knife to sit on the sink, but she kept her guard up. She didn't know who this nurse was. "And you? Why are you with Satellite if you're not a member? I'm surprised the gang didn't already kill you."

"They only kept me because of Kelly." Which was half the truth. Even if this girl claimed not to be a Red Dog, her father was still the leader. "But they killed my friend. You're all nothing but murderers!"

      The knife in Chi's hand flashed out, pointing to the nurse in warning. "Don't group me in with them. Again, they're my father's men."

"Then why are you here if you aren't associated?" The nurse questioned in frustration.

"Because I had to. When those junkies hit, I had to fall back to my dad to stay alive. While my sister and mom got to one of those safe zones. I'm leaving to join them." Chi explained. The bag full of food. Now it was starting to make sense.

      When safe zones were mentioned, (Y/N) thought of the one Rack spoke of. "The one in Grimmire?"

"Further. Baxburry." Chi moved to fold her legs and flipped the knife between her fingers. "They set one up because of the military base nearby. My sister and mom are there."

"That's where we're heading. But we didn't know about the safe zone." If they were both heading in the same direction and both shared a dislike toward the bikers. "We can work together."

        Chi raised an eyebrow at the proposition. She was planning to go about this alone. Especially not with people who are wanted fugitives by the government. It was just as bad as staying with Papa. "I'm not looking to help you."

"Please! We can watch each other's backs. The soldiers know how to handle fiends." (Y/N) tried to reason. She needed to get the group away from here. "I just need help to free my people before your Papa turns them in! I can't let them get arrested."

"What's in it for me?" Chi crossed her arms. Why should she stick her neck out like this? What the nurse was asking her meant going against her father who would surely be pissed.

      There wasn't much (Y/N) could think of. Her group barely had food, the trucks and guns were taken, and they were at their wit's end. But then she remembered. "I know of a place in Baxburry stocked to the brim with supplies. It's why we're going."

      This piqued the girl's interest.

"If you help me get my people out, you can have access to it."