Chapter 33 - Corpse

Violence Warning and Small Gore Warning⚠️
———————————————————————————

     She hit the ground.

     The bullet went through one end of her head and out the other.

      To the bikers, that was it. To the Satellite team, they knew better. But to Kelly...

      Both Drake and Rose took cover soon after the shoot-out began. With (Y/N) out of the fight, they didn't have to worry about her getting barraged with bullets.

      So while she was lifeless on the ground, bleeding from her head, Drake took shots at Tripp and nailed a few into his leg. The man yelled in pain and dragged himself back. He sought cover behind the trucks and fired shots back.

     The man keeping Kelly down was shot off of him by the soldier in the bushes. He pushed the body off of him and wanted to make a run for (Y/N) but Cheng appeared and held him back. "Get down! Now!"

      He was going to fight her off but the bullets whizzing by them forced him to take cover with the female sergeant.

      But he couldn't take his eyes off of (Y/N). Not even for a second.

      Wes from the second floor took shots where he could. His elevated position took some of the bikers off guard and he was able to get two of them out of the fight.

      He didn't like the idea of letting (Y/N) get shot. Bullets flew over her body that appeared to be lifeless to those who didn't know. But gradually her wound stopped bleeding. That was a sign that she wasn't dead. Wes sighed in relief at this.

"Goddammit! I thought you said this place was covered Tripp!" A biker yelled to the injured man. This wasn't how the plan was supposed to go.

"I did! You idiots were supposed to be on watch!" Tripp yelled back.

       No amount of arguing could change the outcome of the fight. They had taken out the four soldiers who were on watch and just needed to grab the rest. But they didn't account for these guys to use military tactics against them. Once one biker was down, Rose ordered to move up. Another is shot down, they move up further. That didn't mean the Satellite team was experiencing their own losses. One of them got shot in the chest while another received a bullet to the head.

        That was two of theirs down. Drake grunted in frustration but kept his position where he was and provided those who moved up cover.

        He needed to get to (Y/N). She was still out there after all.

"Cheng!" He turned to the woman and nodded in the nurse's direction.

       She nodded back and followed him out there while keeping him covered with her shotgun.

       They both kept their heads down as they rushed out toward (Y/N). Drake got down to his knee quickly to scoop her body up into his arms while Cheng was fast to put down another biker who tried to catch them off guard.

       Drake looked into (Y/N)'s lifeless eyes. Her limbs fell limp around him as the sides of her head were bloody from where the bullet entered and exited.

       He knew she wasn't dead. She couldn't be. But this sight still made him feel a certain way. It wasn't a good feeling.

       The sergeant held her close to him as he and Cheng made their way back to the station. Now they just had to deal with the rest of the Red Dogs.