Chapter 18 - Range

Violence Warning ⚠️
———————————————————————————

      Rose and Cheng entered the gun store to see what everyone had come up with.

      Whatever was worth taking were placed inside of a spare crate which wasn't much. Random boxes of bullets, a couple of knives that can be useful, some of the soldiers even grabbed a couple of hoodies and vests to wear over their shirts. The fall air was quite chilly. Rose's team was still wearing their 'representative' suits.

     The older man found it humorous though as he shook his head. "We're going to need real clothes. The team looks like we're just coming from a banquet."

      Cheng glanced down at her clothes and agreed. Although, a dress shirt and slacks were far less heavy than the uniforms they normally wore. "Maybe we'll come upon something later, sir."

"Yea." Rose turned to look back outside toward the sky. Soon it will be dark and not the time of day he would like to be moving around in. "Once we get to that radio station, we'll settle there if it's safe. With the town here, we can stock up on whatever we need before we hit the road again."

"Sounds like a plan." Cheng nodded and went over to one of the racks that had a couple of hats hanging on it.

     The captain started walking around to check on each soldier looting the stores. See what they've come up upon and overall making sure his people were alright. It has been a long day after all. Rest was definitely needed to keep everyone in top shape.

     He soon spotted the nurse who was holding the bag of bullets open while Drake tossed in two boxes of 9mm ammo he found tucked in a back closet.

     Rose was still in shock at how (Y/N) was able to just dive into a crowd of fiends and come out unscathed. He heard the initial findings from his sergeants of how the fiends had no reaction to her.

     And the rather suicidal plan they came up with on the spot which involved the nurse.

      While he didn't agree with using her for dangerous stunts like the one she managed to pull, he couldn't help but be impressed by her bravery. Not even he felt like he could've done the same. Immune or not.

      (Y/N) looked up when he approached and he greeted her with a nod. "You doing alright, (L/N)?"

"Um, yea..." She spoke, not being used to talking to him. The older man has always been focused on the team and spouting orders everywhere.

"The next time these idiots try to get you to do another stunt like that again," Rose gestured over toward Cheng who was trying on hats, and Drake who knew he was being talked about. "Tell me first. Civilians shouldn't be getting involved in our work."

"With all due respect, sir." Drake started and tossed a couple more random bullets into the bag. "Everyone should be pulling their weight. Those three we took from the hospital are just sitting on their asses not doing anything."

"And what do you propose we do with them?" Rose spoke. "We're supposed to keep the civilians safe. Not throw them into the fire. Keeping them alive is one of our orders."

      Drake could care less about anyone else besides his team. That belief only grew stronger after that failed attempt Jonathan had led back at the hospital. "Those three fools weren't thinking that way after they stole our guns and your keys. If it was me, and I wish it was me, I would've left them back at that hospital."