Chapter 41 - Diversion

"So then I told that man to fuck off! If he wanted my stash so bad, he can go fuck himself." Papa and his men laughed together.

     Chi had walked in on her father and the gang sharing their usual stories together over dinner. They hadn't noticed yet, not like they wood. She can stand in front of Papa and he wouldn't even see her.

      She walked across the main lounge that was in a disarray. The plan was to get the guns and bring them to the prisoners. The bag of food Chi had given the nurse wasn't just getting her to hide the food but as a test.

       It wouldn't be hard for (Y/N) to abandon the plan and make off with the food on her own.

      It also wouldn't be hard for Chi to expose the plan to her father if (Y/N) couldn't be trusted. She can just say the nurse stole the food.

      As long as (Y/N) holds up her end of the deal, Chi will hold up hers. No need for betrayal.

"Aye, Papa. You heard from the other kid yet?" A biker called to his leader.

"Who?" Papa asked with a mouthful of cooked deer meat.

       Chi stopped just before a door to listen.

"You know, Harlow. That girl?" The biker asked. "We ain't hear from her or her mother since this whole thing started."

"Ah, those two wanted to be out there. I ain't worried about them." Papa said with zero concern or remorse for his other daughter and ex-wife. They wanted to leave, they weren't his concern anymore.

      All the more reason Chi was planning to go herself. She didn't even want to be here in the first place.

      She entered into a hall and almost ran into someone. Looking up, her eyes met Kelly who wasn't in the best of moods. When was he ever?

"I'm surprised you're even here. I thought you were dead." Chi tsked and stepped aside from him.

"That's what your father said." He grunted and turned to head into the room. He had to discuss a situation involving the motorcycles with the leader.

       But Chi quickly grabbed his arm to keep him from going inside. "I talked to your ex."

       Kelly's demeanor instantly changed. He focused back on the girl who knew that would keep his attention. "What? Where is she?!"

"She's alive. We made a deal together." Chi kept her voice down and motioned for him to do the same. "We have a plan to get everyone out. I need you for it."

"Tell me where she is." He lowly spoke, knowing that she was the type to make impossible deals with people.

     Chi ignored him, however. Their relationship wasn't her problem. "She's outside gathering our fiend friends. When shit goes down, you need to have those Satellite trucks ready."

"The hell are you even talking about?" He questioned. What did she mean (Y/N) was gathering fiends?

"Have the trucks ready. We're leaving tonight." Was all Chi said, not having any time to fully explain. Just what she needed him to do.

     Kelly watched her hurry off deeper into the manor. He called out for her to explain but she was already gone.

      They were getting everyone out and his ex was somehow involved.

      (Y/N) hid behind a bush and watched from a distance as multiple bikers stood around Rockman while he tried to talk mechanics with them. They were planning to strip the trucks for parts. The two large Satellite vehicles were parked next to a garage with the wheels already taken off. This worried (Y/N) since the trucks were important to the plan. They'll need something to escape in and protect them from the fiends.