10.🥵

Chapter 10.

-Zane-

I'd finished teaching my classes and cleaning up the studio. I had danced off my worries but they returned as my class left. I couldn't help remember the phone call from the police this morning, the quick stop to the station I made, and the questions I had been asked. The situation they had told me about.

What really haunted me was how Tareea hadn't answered any of my calls or texts. In fact I was 99% sure she had blocked me after texting me a warning about the call last night. It was heavy on my mind as I walked out of the studio and towards my car. The closer I got the more I was pulled out of my own turmoil. It sounded like it someone was screaming. I turned my head looking towards a car only a few spaces from mine.

It seemed like whoever was in the car was not only screaming but hitting something. I walked over, the closer I got the more I started to recognize the car. My long legs gave me quick strides to the car. I could now clearly see who it was. Her scream pained me, it sounded like disparity.

I knocked on the window hard, making my knuckles ache. She looked up turned back towards the front and then back at me, her face full of horror. She turned away from me, seeming to go though her glove box. When she turned back, she just rolled down the window. She had wiped her dry tears.

"Z-Zane...." She started. My eye twitched as anger filled me. I reached in and unlocked the door without thinking. I yanked open the door. "Get out. We need to talk." She blinked up at me astonished and just stared.

"Tareea. Come on, now." I didn't wait for her reply as I turned around and went back to my studio but soon enough I hear the door close.

I unlocked the door and held it open watching as she went in, looking around. She took In the coffee wood floors, deep green walls one being covered in mirror from head to toe.

"Your studio looks really nice," she said quietly.
"Thanks.." I murmured. "Sit," I pointed to a couple if chairs opposite of the mirrors. I sat down across from her.
"You know...it's not very nice to have sex with someone, run out like they gave you a life threatening disease, send them a very interesting text the same night, and then block."

She fidgeted under my stare. She glanced up at me and burst into tears. I scooted closer and pulled her into my chest. I rubbed her back as she wailed into my chest.

It hurt to see her like this, it was even harder considering how much I just wanted to be upset with her. But I knew something had happened last night, the police didn't give me full details. They just said there had been an incident and asked me a few questions about her boyfriend.

I kissed the top of her forehead gently. "What happened sweetheart?" I cupped her face lifting it gently so she'd look at me. God I just wanted to kiss the hell out of her.

Her eyes went distant as she stared off into space, her tears suddenly gone, and her face loosing all it's expression. "I....killed him...I didn't know what else to do." She gripped my arms and looked at me with an expression that screamed "believe me please."

"He-...I said..No..I told him I didn't want too. I tried to get away." The words seemed to climb out of her throat wearing cleats. Like they physically hurt to say. I rubbed her face gently. And nodded, "I'm listening."

I didn't know how to feel about what she told me but I knew I had to keep my fury tame.

"The lamp, metal. I hit him right in his face." She smiled a little and started laughing without a hint of humor. "I couldn't stop. I just kept bashing his head with it. Fuck-.." she breathed. "I hate myself. What the fuck is wrong with me."