11.🥵

Chapter 11

Super Long

I wake sobbing and hyperventilating as I wake from my nightmare. It keeps me in a choke hold, flashing Infront it my eyes in the darkness that engulfs my room. It claws at my brain and threatens to drown me in my own fear. A scream is caught in my throat, muffled by my tears. I dig my nails into my palms as I try to pull myself out of it.

The dream_

"Tareea..." His voice ghosts around my head, light and airy. "Tareea!" He snarls suddenly, jaws jump out of the dark, snapping at my still form.
"How could you kill me so brutally baby?" He laughs, humorously and full of malice.
His hands reach out and wring my neck, stealing my air. Then suddenly he falls out, bloody, bashed, broken. A mirror appears and shows me myself. I'm naked and splattered in his blood. I'm also bleeding from my own wounds, my skin is decorated in bruises and my own cuts. The blood pours from my wounds and in-between my legs.
_

Suddenly my body is jumping up, running me to the bathroom. I hunch over the toilet and bile burns my throat as my stomach lurches. "Oh God-" I wail before my stomach lurches again letting out acid. I cough and slump against the toilet, sobbing.

I close my eyes but open them back quickly when the image of his disfigured face flashes in front of me. After a few moment I manage to pull myself up, flush, rinse my mouth out, and throw some Comic cleanser in the toilet. I go back to my room grabbing my DJ stuff, knowing I won't be able to go back to sleep.

I make my way to the back porch, letting the cool air surround me. My shorts and T-shirt didn't really do much against it. But I couldn't care less. I set up my station and started working, letting the music scream for me.

Letting it cry
Letting it break
Letting it destroy

The tempo consistently changes and there are so many layers it almost just sounds like noise. The bass is thumping hard like my heart but the layers on top really tell the story of how I feel.

The way the little "tsk" of the symbols skit fast then come to an abrupt stop. My "heartbeat" calms I slide in a couple of whispers of the flute, before the clarinet drowns it out. I set my keyboard and play a couple of soft notes, then they start to crash. Cramming together before my heartbeat picks up and there is no other sound except for the bump of the drum and thumb of the bass.

I bring my keyboard back in, playing softly over the hard bump of the drum. Then it fades out to nothing before one last note on my keyboard sounds.

I add a few vocals here and there.

I save and then start editing.

_____

"ea-"
My whole body hurts.
"Tareea! Girl what the hell is wrong witchu?! How long you been out hea' sleeping on the damn back porch- you know they got dogs in this neighborhood? And you left my damn screen door open too, letting these damn bugs in. Girl-"

I sit up as pops goes on his rant. I groan as pain zips up my spine and shoulder and neck and everywhere.

"And you got all ya lil dodads out hea'. You better be in this damn house in the next 5 minutes. I'm too old for this shit.." he grumbles walking off. I get up stretching and hearing everything crack and pop.