17.🥵

Chapter 17. 

Treating him Right

"Why don't we talk in person?" Zane said as I had started telling him how the meeting with the girls two days ago went. "Oh uh sure, where do you want to meet up? 

"Why don't you come to my place?" 

And so I found myself driving to his apartment, stuck in traffic for a good 30mims before getting there. As I was driving I found myself wonder why he didnt have a house.

Not because he just should but...You know... He's older. I guess I shouldn't think like that though.

When I got there I could tell this wasn't a normal apartment complex. This shit looked like a luxury resort. Like holy fucking shit.  I walked up to his apartment 5D and before I could even knock the door swung open and holy fucking shit once again. The inside looked like a condo. He had all types of cool toned colors, blues and purples with subtle hints of green. Everything was modern but still had that lived in, homey feel. 

"Tareea! Come on in baby." He grabbed my hand gently and pulled me in, closing and locking the door behind us. He was dressed in a pair of black sweats and an apron that said "Sexy Chef." His place smelt amazing! Like really expensive cologne, a dab of honey, and whatever he was cooking in the kitchen. "I hope you didn't have any trouble finding your way here Sweetheart. Take your shoes off at the door." He walked off and I watched the muscles of his back. 

"Traffic was a little bad but that was all." I left my slides by the door. I was glad I hadn't gotten too dressed up and simply wore some spandex shorts and a Nike T-shirt with my slides. I had did a little curl manipulation with my hair to make it more defined too. 

I followed his path into the kitchen and took a seat at the bar. "So sexy chef what're you cooking?" 

He laughed and gave me one of those hot dimpled smiles. "Some yellow rice, steamed veggies, and salmon patties" 

"I knew I smelled some fish."

"Mhmm now finish telling me what happened with your old friends?" He went about cooking but I knew his auditorial attention was mine. 

"Well a bunch of them came late and one of them- Ashleigh just started fighting me out of no where and calling me out of my name. So my two friends had to take her out of the cafe."

"No joke?"

"Not even a little bit. I went out to see why she just randomly started hitting me and she basically told me that.....Me and Alex ruined her life.." I sighed. 

"How so?" He turned and looked at me for a moment. 

"Alex...Stole a bunch of shit from her parents during the time we had stayed there. I mean- cleaned out their bank accounts. So they disowned her...And she basically said that you know- How dare I ask for help after ruining her life and her just recently getting back on her feet. But I didn't know!"

"Did you really not know?"

I blinked and looked at him with a face. "Excuse me?"

"Tareea you're a smart woman. Did you truly not know or did you ignore and not ask questions?" His words made me shrink and think all at once. 

"I.....I guess I just....Ignored everything." 

He nodded. "Why?"

I took a moment to reply. "I wanted to believe that everything was okay. I mean- I wanted to believe that me and him could be..normal. That we could live together and be happy. I just wanted to believe in him."