Part 1.2

Sirius, Remus, James, Peter, and I were sitting in the common room talking about quidditch practice when Lily walked in and sat next to me.

"Hi, y/n! Lily said to me.
"Hi Lily, you look absolutely gorgeous today," James interrupted before I could say anything.

"Hello to you too, James. Y/n, I was wondering if you could help me with potions. I heard you and Regulus made a perfect potion in class the other day," Lily asked.

The moment Lily said Regulus' name, I saw Sirius tense up and look at me.

"Of course, I'll help you! How about Wednesday?" I asked Lily, ignoring the way Sirius was glaring at me.
"Thank you so much, y/n!" Lily said, giving me a big hug. After she left, Sirius immediately started talking;

"You and my brother were working together in class?"
"Yes, he happens to be very good at potions," I respond, trying to not make him angry.

"Just be careful. I don't want him to be rude and end up hurting you. He isn't a good person," Sirius said, concerned, letting me know by the tone of his voice that he only wants to help.

"Sirius, I promise that you have nothing to worry about. I only worked on a potion with him for class," I say, trying to ease his worries.

"It starts with the potions, next you guys will be snogging in the quidditch changing rooms," Remus comments, immediately regretting doing so when Sirius jumped on top of him.

" Hey, I was kidding! Wait! You can't hurt me, I'm your boyfriend!" Remus laughed as Sirius started tickling him.

I couldn't help but laugh, as the two started having a tickle battle on the couch.

"Oi, stop you two. I already have to deal with this in the dorm," James said to Sirius and Remus.

———————————————

"So I know the book says to cut them, but it's much easier to crush them. They're super slippery, so crushing is just easier., I told Lily as I was walking to potions.

"Thank you so much. That will make it so much easier," she said to me just before I turned into the classroom.

As I sat down next to Regulus, Professor Slughorn started speaking to the class
"I am going to be assigning a project that you will have to do in pairs. You will be working on it with the person next to you, and it will be due at the end of the year. You will each write an essay and create a potion of my choosing."
"I'm stuck with you again," Regulus mumbled.

"Damn, and to think I thought we had made progress," I said a little more sarcastically than I intended.

"Oh, someone has a backbone," he smirked.
"You must think very little of me if you think that was me standing up for myself," I retorted. He looked at me for a few seconds then looked away. He had a weird expression on his face. One I hadn't seen him ever make before.

"Black, Sutton, you guys will do the Wolfsbane potion," Slughorn informed us.

"What!? Wolfsbane... that's an incredibly advanced potion! Most people struggle with it let alone students," I exclaimed, incredibly worried.

"Don't worry Sutton. I have full faith in you and Mr. Black," Slughorn responded before walking over to the next table.

I put my head in my hands and let out a groan. He gave us one of the hardest potions in the world to make. If we couldn't do it right it, would affect our grade immensely.

Suddenly I feel someone tap my shoulder.
I lift my head and see Regulus looking at me.
"Why are you so worried?" he asked.

"Well, Wolfsbane is one of the hardest potions to ma-"  I started saying before he interrupted me.
"No, I know what Wolfsbane is and that it is an advanced potion, but why are you worried?" He asked again.

"What do you mean why am I worried? It's a complex potion that you and me, third-year students, have to make," I groaned.

"We are both very good at potions, and we can do research and study how to make it. We have all year, we can do it," he said to me with an oddly reassuring expression on his face.

"How about this; after periods we'll go to the library and do research on the potion. We can get enough information that it would be impossible to mess up. Does that sound good?" he asked, looking at me in the eyes.

He has very pretty eyes. They were grey but looked almost blue as well, and his hair was so.....
"Does that sound good?" he repeated, this time a little irritated.

"Yes, that sounds good," I replied quickly, as to hopefully not piss him off.
He responded by giving a little nod with a tight-lipped smile.

He leaned back and only then did I realize that he had been leaned in super close in order to talk to me.
I cleared my throat and then asked;
"So..... how has quidditch practice been?"

He looked at me and said with a slight smirk said;
"Absolutely amazing. I think we're doing so well in fact that Gryffindor doesn't stand a chance against us this year."

I exaggerated a gasp and shot back,
"Not true. We are going to kick Slytherin's ass this year, no questions asked. I think you forget that you are looking at Gryffindor's keeper. And I am amazing."

"Oh I bet you are, but your seeker isn't as amazing and graceful as me so I know you guys will struggle," he responded in a very cheeky way.

"You better watch yourself, Mr. Black," I warned.
"Oh, should I miss Sutton," he said back.
We started to just stare at each other until it was time to go to our next classes.

After picking up my books and putting them in my bag, I walked off to herbology grinning after thinking about the interaction I just had with Regulus.