Part 1.11

Regulus and I had been trying to make the wolfsbane potion for months. And every time we made an attempt something went wrong.

Last time we had almost made it perfectly but we put in the last ingredient too late and it caused the potion to catch fire.

The assignment was due in a week and if we didn't get it right our grade would be heavily affected.

" alright now slowly stir two rotations clockwise then four counterclockwise. And make sure you don't stir is slower than ten seconds or it will catch fire again" I instructed Regulus but he just rolled his eyes.

"I know" he huffed out.
"What's with the attitude today regulus?" I asked.
Regulus just shook his head while he stirred.

"I'm just really tired of having to remake this potion over and over again" he finally said after he finished stirring.

" I know regulus. It sucks but we have two steps left to do and then, hopefully, we will be done." I said.
I began cutting up the herbs needed for the next step while Regulus spoke an incantation over the pot.

After I finished cutting up the herbs I put them into the pot in the exact formation the book said.

After this regulus stirred the pot quickly for seventeen rotations.

At the seventeenth rotation, regulus quickly pulled out his stirring stick and stood back.

We watched as the potion began expelling a blue smoke.

We did it

We actually did it!

"Oh my god! Regulus we did it" I yelled causing everyone in the potions class to turn and look at me.

"I know. Isn't this amazing!" Regulus said just as loud as me.

Before even thinking I pulled Regulus into a hug and he went stiff. After a couple of seconds, however, he loosened up a bit and patted me on the back.

When I pulled back I began blushing, that hug was kind of awkward.

"Sorry," I apologized to Regulus.
"It's not a big deal. You were excited, there is nothing wrong with that" Regulus said.

I can't believe it. After a whole year, I had finally finished the potion.

Nothing could ruin this day.

————————————————

Was it smart of me to go for a walk outside on a day with a full moon? No.

Was this something I should have learned from almost being killed by a werewolf last time? Yes.

Was I going to use logical thinking? Absolutely not.

I was so giddy that from being able to make the wolfsbane potion that I could not sleep.

I decided that I should go for a walk to calm my mind down.

Since it was four in the morning and the sun would be coming up soon it was only logical that the werewolf would not be an issue today.

But boy was I wrong.

As I walked through the fields close to the forbidden forest I heard a small sound come from the woods.

"Oh shit" I gasped before running.

Lo and behold the werewolf jumped out of the woods and began chasing me.

As I ran I tried to navigate my way towards the whomping willow.

I knew the sunrise was easily visible from there so I would hopefully be safe.

As I ran I turned my head to see how far it was from me. Unfortunately, it was too close, it decided to pounce. I ducked out of the way and watched as the wolf flew over me.

As soon as it hit the ground I began running to the left.

I was so close to the whomping Willow now.

I could even see the sun rising over the horizon.

But when I was almost there my ankle rolled and I fell.

I closed my eyes since I knew this was the end.

How could I be so stupid? I knew this was dangerous yet I still went out.

As I waited I heard a loud thud.

I looked up and saw the stag. It had thrown the werewolf a good meter away.

It saved me.

I was in shock.

But that shock didn't last very long. The sun had risen just high enough that I watched as the werewolf began to change back.

It looked like it was in incredible pain.

But as the werewolf was changing back I realized how familiar it looked.

Seconds later I knew why.

IT WAS REMUS.
"Oh my god" I stuttered.
"It's okay y/n calm down." Said a voice next to me.
I jumped.

Who the hell was this?

JAMES!

"James what the hell is going on here!" I shouted.
"Calm down y/n," another voice said.
I turned and saw Sirius.

"What the hell! How many of you guys are out here" I screamed.

"Just me, Remus, Sirius, and Peter" James answered.
"Peter?" I questioned.
"Right here" he called behind me.

"Oh my god. I can't believe this" I began to mumble.
"I know it's a lot to take in but trust me we will explain everything later," James said.

When he said this I became furious. How could he tell me again that he would explain later?

"What are you talking about? Later? Remus is a werewolf and almost has killed me twice. All three of you are animagus. And even after almost killing me last time you decided not to explain anything.

James, I am not waiting for answers. Explain right now" I screamed. I thought they were my friends, and they never told me about any of this.

James sighed and looked at Remus.

"Go ahead then, explain it to her. I told you she would be pissed when she found out." James said in a semi-angry way.

Did he want to tell me before?
"Fine. Yes, I am a werewolf, a couple of years ago I was attacked by one and it ended up causing me to be changed into one as well. Sirius, James, and Peter all became animagus to help me when I changed." Remus blurted out.

Everyone was quiet.

"Why didn't you tell me" I asked Remus.
Remus just looked at me.

"I was worried you wouldn't want to be around me anymore. Werewolves don't have a very good reputation so I was worried you would be afraid. We also didn't want to tell you about them being animagus because technically they are not registered and that is illegal. They could be thrown into Azkaban." Remus continued

" do you think any of them would survive in there? I mean look at Sirius. He would never survive, he's too pretty"
I sighed.

"Okay, I get it. It just kind of hurts that you thought I would judge you. You know I'm not like that" I said.
"I know, I was going to tell you but then I almost killed you and then I felt like you would hate me even more" Remus sighed.

I could see Remus was ashamed.

So I went up and hugged him.

"Please don't tell anyone" Remus began to cry.
"I would never"