Part 1.7

Now that I had made up with Regulus I felt as though a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.

Unfortunately, there was still one thing that I had to do.

Since I promised James that I would make up with Sirius if he let me use the invisibility cloak I decided that now was the best time to do so.

As I walked over to the marauders, who were sitting down at the Gryffindor table eating breakfast, I saw Sirius look at me and frown.

Jesus, he is still really mad at me.

"Sirius, can you come with me into the hall? I need to talk to you" I said in a soft and calm tone.

Sirius looked at me for a minute, sighed, and got up.
Nodding his head as if to tell me yes.

As we started walking out of the great hall I turned around and looked at James who was too busy looking at Lily to even notice me.

I was hoping he would give me a thumbs-up or something but it was fine.

As soon as me and Sirius were outside of the great hall I started talking.

"Look, Sirius, I am so sorry that I was hanging out with Regulus. I know that you guys have a difficult relationship and-"
Sirius cut me off before I could say anything else.
"I'm not mad that you and him were hanging out."
Sirius snapped.

This wasn't turning out very well.

"Then why are you?" I questioned.
Sirius took a breath and thought for a minute.

"I'm not entirely sure. I think it mostly has to do with the fact that I know he isn't a good person. I also know that he has very big opinions when it comes to blood purity and well....." Sirius said while he put his hand out signaling he was talking about me being a half-blood.

That kinda pissed me off. First of all, regulus has been relatively nice to me. Sure he has slipped up a couple of times but so had I. And two, why does me being a half-blood matter, regulus hasn't been very judgmental about that. Again, yes he has slipped up but otherwise, he has been very good about it.

Of course, I couldn't say any of this to Sirius since he would most likely get mad at me again so all I did was say,

"I get what you mean. But I promise you I only hang out with him so we can study. Otherwise, I barely talk to him."

Sirius looked at me and smiled.

"Look, I am really sorry that I have been a bit of an asshole. I was just a bit worried about you and I didn't want you to get hurt. I really hate fighting with you." Sirius said before opening his arms up to signal for a hug.

Even though I was a little annoyed with some of the things he said I gave him a hug. I didn't like fighting with him either.

After Sirius let me go from his hug he immediately started to talk to me about all of the things I missed since I was not talking with him.

As we walked back into the dining hall I felt another weight get lifted off of my shoulders.

———————————————

"I'm not saying that being a keeper is easier but, you don't have to fly around as much and you don't have to do anything other than block the quaffel," James said as we walked onto the quidditch field for practice.

"What are you talking about James? Being a keeper isn't easy. I have to be able to keep track of four balls, make sure I don't collide with any other players, and I also choose to help you other twats out by communicating what's happening to you guys.