Part 2.13

"I really appreciate you guys inviting me but I've seen a lot of horror movies end really badly when a girl follows people blindly into any kind of forbidden forest. Would you mind telling me where we are going?" I asked, stomping through muddy snow.

It was a cold winter day and the sun shone through the trees making the snow that wasn't plagued with mud look like hundreds of tiny crystals.

Although it was beautiful I had realized quickly how dumb I was for following regulus and his friends into the forbidden forest, keep in mind I never asked where we were going so I was putting my trust completely in some random slytherin students hands.

"You have nothing to worry about, we are a few minutes away from our destination" regulus reassured me as we trudged on.

"Yeah, and besides, it doesn't matter if you knew where we were going. We still could kill you." Barty snickered.

"Right" I laughed before turning my head away. My eyes got big.

I don't know these guys and I'm following them into the forbidden forest!
I'm the only girl!
They could  try to do something to me?!?

"Hey don't worry they're just messing with you" regulus whispered to me.

I nodded my head, still looking away from him.

He must have noticed my unease and decided to put his hand on the small of my back.

I turned to look at him and I could not have been more in awe of what I saw.

His hair was a bit messy from the wind, his nose and cheeks were red from the cold, and his eyes shone like I'd never seen them before.

Even in the damn cold he looked great.

I on the other hand knew I looked awful. I could feel snot wanting to drip from my nose and m my hair was definitely a mess from the wind.

I looked away before speaking.

"Don't worry, I don't think they are serious about hurting me. I'm just.... I don't know, worried that they really didn't want me to come and I am ruining their fun" I sighed.

"Okay good" regulus smiled before patting my back.

The warmth of his hand almost made me forget that I was freezing my ass off.

"Hey love birds, why don't you hurry your asses up and get inside" Evan called out to us.

I looked straight ahead and realized that we had come upon an abandoned cabin.

It was a simple log cabin that you imagine living in the mountains in. I'm there was a nice deck and tons of ivy growing on the side. It was obviously abandoned but it looked like it was in good shape.

It honestly looked like-

"Let's hurry on in before Evan has an aneurism" regulus chuckled before jogging to the door.

I had never felt colder than when his arm left my body.

———————————————————-

"So..... do you guys come here often" I asked as I took off my winter coat.

"Every now and then" Evan started