6. Kidnapped

Assalamu alaikum everyone.  I'm sorry for the late updates but I was sick and only got this chapter ready yesterday. Jazakumullahu Khair for the support❤️

I am sure you will love this chapter. Enjoy😁

When a heart gets punctured, it gets covered with love and affection. When the heart is broken, it is hard to pick up the pieces and mend them. How then will you mend a broken heart, body, and soul?

Alfred put those past thoughts behind him and focused on Joseph who finally picked a toy. Alfred's ears suddenly perked up and he turned around, just in time to watch the shelve behind them fall over. He quickly stretched his arms and blocked the shelve from falling and his muscles contracted from the force because of the heaviness. This was supposed to be stationary!

But he can't stop the toys from falling right? He was just one man.
"Joseph, get away from there!" he shouted at his son, with fear laced in his voice. He can't risk anything bad happening to his son.

Joseph was petrified by the incident and the moment the toys almost hit him, a strong arm pulled him out of there.

Alfred used all his strength and steadied the shelf. It can't be helped that the customers around there were startled by what happened.  Alfred exhaled and turned to the side.
"Joseph?" he called out before his eyes widened and he took large strides toward there. His son was nowhere to be found!

"Joseph!" he shouted and rubbed his hair and started searching. What he was suspecting should not be true. It can't be.

By now, Lopez had run over. 
"Mr. Hill, is everything alright?" she asked carefully. 

Alfred turned his angry gaze to her and walked over, gritting his teeth.
"The shelves in this store are all stationery and I am sure you are supposed to check everything every day. What the hell just happened?!" he demanded,  fury blazing in his eyes.

Lopez had heard of this man's fury, but this was the first time she witnessed it and her legs became soft like jelly.
"I…We…We did check it." she stammered. Her workers were supposed to but it was her duty to supervise but she felt too lazy to do it. Who would expect such a thing to happen?

Alfred clicked his tongue and pointed at her. "Just wait," he spat and took out his phone to call security. He headed straight to the security office to check the footage. Searching here will just take more time because the kidnapper caused the commotion for a reason.

Lopez bit her fingers as different emotions flashed in her brain. If Alfred didn't find his son, even if he did, she was in deep trouble.

Meanwhile, after enjoying a short window shopping in the store, Safiyya spotted a back door and decided to walk through there. The place was deserted and she was curious why no one exited the building from there. Being someone who wanted to leave with no attention, she exited and was met with a large compound.

It looked like an isolated area with just trucks but Safiyya saw something that made her freeze with astonishment and fear. A grey modern truck was opened and a brute was holding a child on his shoulder rushing inside. His assistant collected the child and that was how his eyes met hers.

Safiyya knew she just witnessed a crime and was getting involved. Her legs were heavy as she contemplated on running away or not. But what about the child?

While she was hesitant, the kidnapped weren't.  How can they let a witness go? The brute rushed toward her and as she turned around,  he grabbed her arm and started dragging her to the car.

Safiyya tried struggling to no avail and she was pushed into the truck too. The door was slammed on her face and darkness overwhelmed them. She heard button sounds before the light switches in the van went on, bringing brightness.

It wasn't a loud movement but Safiyya was sure that they were moving and fast!

Safiyya was terrified and felt like crying. She was kidnapped by unknown men. Ya Allah, what will they do to her? Wait…

She heard the whimpering of a child and her eyes widened.  Right at the corner of the trapped silver room was a child coiled up, sobbing quietly.

Here she was panicking, what about this innocent child? Safiiya stood up and walked slowly toward him. The space was big enough to accommodate even someone taller than her.

She approached the boy and he was scratching his hair mumbling. "Bad people, bad people…..I hate you…hate you…dad…dad," he sobbed.

Safiyya's eyes immediately became wet and she felt a soft spot for this boy. How can a human be so heartless to kidnap a child? Really, some humans have lost their humanity.

She squatted before him and tried holding his arm. Joseph shifted his arm and shouted, "Leave me alone! Everyone is just wicked, wicked!"

Safiiya pursed her lips and held him strongly.
"Calm down baby. Listen to me, calm down please," she whispered and like magic, he raised his head and glanced at the angel whose voice he heard.

Her glistening green eyes stared at him with the gentleness he had never seen besides his father and this was special. His breathing calmed down and he parted his like staring at her.

Safiyya was entranced by the cute boy's appearance. She moved her hand and gently wiped his tears. "Now stop crying okay?" she smiled softly.

Joseph nodded, quietly enjoying her soft touch.

Safiyya was glad that he had calmed down. She won't be able to stand this child crying. She gazed at his face and stated, "You are such a cute child baby. We have the same eye color but yours is more beautiful. Masha Allah."

"Really?" Joseph mouthed in surprise. Others always say that his eyes were weird and ugly and here was this angel calling it beautiful. 

"Of course baby. Absolutely beautiful, " she grinned. She wasn't saying this to make him feel good but from her heart. Allah made his creations beautiful in their own way.

Joseph blushed and pouted. He looked straight into her eyes and said, "We have the same eyes angel, can you be mummy?"

Safiyya went still, lost for words.