57. Blunder.

🤧 I made a mistake with Kathrine's name. Instead of Kate, I used Kat. It's Late guys.

Here's the update😁
🥺 Silent members please support this chapter if you enjoy it with a vote. Tap that star button. And to all those who vote and comment, Jazakumullahu Khair. I love you all. Muah😘

Safiyya stood before her desk with an opened file as she checked the papers inside one by one. She frowned to see the last one was not signed.
"I should have checked it downstairs," she muttered and made a quick call. She just sat down when her phone rang again and was surprised to see Kate's name.

"Hey Kate," she greeted with joy in her voice.

"Good morning Sofiyya. Where are you now?" Kate asked.

"A20," Safiyya replied.

"A20? You are in the accounting department? But what are you doing in A20?" Kate asked in bewilderment.

Safiyya rubbed her nape and replied, "I am working Kate. Where are you? Maybe we can meet up sometime,"

Kate was quiet before she answered, "I don't know what is going on Sofiyya but wait for us. We are coming,"

"You…" Safiyya didn't get to speak when the call was disconnected. She pursed her lips as hope rekindled in her heart. It seems like this deception would be broken sooner than she expected. Little did she know how big the issue would be.

It didn't take a minute when four figures in yellow and black walked into A20. They drew quite some attention because of the black tie they were wearing which shows their status in the department. Safiyya naturally recognized them; Kate, Jerald, the lady who stood up to Irene that day, Sara, and a dark-skinned man, Nathaniel.

Kate searched with her eyes quickly and saw Safiyya waving her hand. They all looked relieved and rushed towards her, making her wonder what was going on. The other accountants just watched with curiosity. 

"Thank God you are close by," Kate breathed after arriving by the desk and grabbed Safiyya's arm. "We need your help,"

"It's urgent Sophia," Jerald said trying to keep his calm. Safiyya stood up and said, "I got work to do. Maybe later,"

"Just help us. Do we need to beg?" Sara spouted already agitated. Kate glared at her making her shut up and looked at Safiyya. "Common Sofiyya. This involves our team and what work are you talking about? You are supposed to be working with us. Heck, we didn't even know you were brought back to the department!" she was getting angry by the minute because she knew that her sister was involved in this.

Safiyya nodded. "I'll report to the supervisor first,"

"Forget about them and let's go," Jerald said and Kate pulled her and they rushed out of the office. The workers met each other eyes while Ana was agape. With the passing days, she came to believe that Safiyya was a professional but she didn't expect her to be acquainted with others from the higher office and should be working there. They even needed her help.

"What blunder happened in the accounting department?" Ana gasped and held her hips with a crooked smile.  It seems like there will be drama and she was going to love it.

Meanwhile, Safiyya followed Kate to the lobby of the department, where they entered the elevator and went up to the 13th floor. They hurried to A5 and then the meeting room. Safiyya was bewildered to see the others watching her intently.

"No time to waste. Check this out," Kate said and pulled a chair for her. Safiyya sat down and the problem was explained to her. Her brows furrowed as she stared at it.