A short interview

ASDadore: (enters the room and sits on the sofa, facing the interviewer.) Assalamu alaikum.

Interview: Wa alaikumussalam. Welcome to our very first interview. Now we will have this fast since you left us with a cliffhanger again!! Like you always do.

ASDadore: Uh...the chapter chose to end that way.

Interviewer: I see. Now first question. What inspired you to write Stand by Me?

ASDadore: Stand by Me was originally a rewrite of another book I started last year but no matter how I loved that book, it wasn't something that my religion agreed with. I used to be a different writer but took a better path of being an Islamic writer. So, the former book had a great plotline and I wanted to revive it. The characters are almost similar but with a lot of changes. Safiyya is a replica of my former FL and in this book, I wanted to show the struggles a young Muslimah goes through in her life in different aspects. I wanted to shed some light on Islamaphobia and the misconceptions that many have about Islam. When a Muslim makes a mistake, they are the wrong one, not the religion. Muslims have flaws, not Islam. And the second aspect that inspires this book is mental health. My brother was born with something similar and I want others to know that such people are humans too, in no way different from us, and should be treated with love and care.

Interviewer: That was...touching. Now to the novel itself. It's already 50 chapters and a lot has happened but there are a lot left to be said. How long will the book be and what should we expect?

ASDadore: Well, when I started this book, I expected it to be long but even I am surprised at how vast it's becoming don't worry, I have the outline in hand and every character mentioned before has a significant role in the storytelling. Let's not forget what kicked off this book, which is Safiyya finding a job and gaining respect in it. So let's prepare for that. Coming up right after the family game event. As for the length of the book, I can't say for now. One thing is for sure, Stand by Me will soon end and then there will be a sequel, more of a continuation. Titled, Stay with Me. So guys, stay with me as we dive into it more.

Interviewer: I can't wait. The next question is about the characters. What can you say about the main leads; Safiyya and Alfred?

ASDadore: These two are something else. They are the first couple who always go against what I want them to do. As individuals, they play their characters so well but when together, they go against me. Even if I want them to fight, they keep pulling each other. I love their chemistry though especially after the marriage and I can't wait to write about their closeness. Maybe I should plan...

Interviewer: Have mercy! Next question!  We get that Alfred loves Yousef, but why can't he show him very close affection?

ASDadore: I think this question covers Alfred's whole character. Remember his childhood? he grew up without any affection from his parents and didn't get to see how other kids enjoyed theirs. So despite the unwavering love he has for his son, he finds it hard to show it. His parenting style is different and can harm his son and that's why we have Safiyya in the picture and I am sure that we can see some changes.

Interviewer: Yeah. Uh...there are lots of questions concerning other characters but let's seize it for now. How about some spoilers huh?

ASDadore: Hmmm. For my adorable readers of course. Two friends will meet. A father will make his son proud. A Muslimah will head a department for the first time. An unexpected love story will begin. That's all for now.

Interviewer: Wow. It seems like a storm is coming. Jazakillahu khair for your time.

ASDadore: wa iyyaki.

Update on the way😉 In Sha Allah today.

✨✨✨ we are ranking #88 in spiritual🥳 cheers to everyone. Alhamdulillah.