9. A Shameless Request.

Assalamu alaikum adorable readers. The update was late because I had to focus on some tests at school.
So here's a new chapter, Have a nice and blessed Jummah.💕

"Salam!" a female robotic voice sounded in the quiet room as the program opened.

A memory rush came to Alfred but he pushed them back and quickly opened the footage. They saw how someone entered the security room and hacked the footage before it jumped to when they loosened the shelves in the toy store and the kidnapping incident. Next was the van driving out, and Alfred quickly took the car plate number before it went off.

He inclined back in the chair as he flexed his fingers. After seeing the hacker's back frame, he can guess who it was and from what happened, this was a well-detailed plan. They must have monitored him and his son for a while, instigated the case with nanny Lisa, and knew they were coming here.

To think that someone was watching over him without his knowledge. It is true that no matter how smart you are, someone out there can fool you.

"Take the number and track the location, " he told the inspectors and stood up from the chair. It was now their turn to work it out.

Alfred couldn't stop thinking about his son. From the moment he heard what Nanny Lisa said on the phone, he sensed that something was wrong and took precautions to stay closer to Joseph but that move turned out to be the opposite of what he wanted to do. They used it against him and from the looks of it, the kidnapper was planning on threatening him with Joseph to get something.

"Sir, we got the address!" the inspector informed and the senior agent started giving orders to move. There was no time to waste as more seconds put lives in danger.

Alfred rode in his car, following the cops' speed even though his car could move faster. He knew more than to be irrational now because it could put his son's life in danger.

They came before an isolated grey warehouse. It was wide and the surroundings quiet. Alfred came out of his car and the cops surrounded the area securely.

"There is no more time to hide! Hand over the child and surrender now!" the agent spoke through the speaker. It was useless but the kidnapper should know that they were here.

The cops got to work with the other teams, examining the warehouse from afar. From the electric detection they were getting,  any slight mistake would cause damage. It was further confirmed when electric beams shot out for five meters, electrocuting those closer.

"Move back!" the agent ordered, treading more carefully.

Alfred narrowed his eyes and stated, "Don't waste your time trying to bridge it because I am sure that it's a high-tech security hold. That person isn't stupid to lead us here just so that he can get caught."

"You must know him then Mr. Hill." The agent said.

"He wants to talk to me, so let me," Alfred said and walked forward.

"Be careful," the agent nodded and ordered his team to stay alert at all times.

Alfred took steady steps until he was a few steps away from the warehouse. He pinned his gaze on a screen on the door and muttered, "Are you going to keep being a turtle in a jar or face me like a man?"

"Hahaha!" Stone's hysterical laughter sounded as the screen protruded forward and bent closer to Alfred's height. Light bulbs went on, on the walls and the cops got their pistols ready.

The screen then shone, showing Stone's face.

"Stone," Alfred said in a deep voice. "Why am I not surprised?"

Stone smirked and shook his head. "Alfred Alfred. It's been a long time since we last met and you haven't changed a bit, well except that you became dumber."

"I am amazed by your confidence in showing your face to the public." Alfred returned and held his left hand behind him. "Let me guess, you have a way to escape right?"

"You aren't that stupid yet I guess." Stone grinned.

"We lost the security tech and from the looks of it, they were stolen by a rival or hooligan but I was sure that only someone who knew of the making took it. You did use it in the practice of your pathetic life." Alfred said, staring straight at Stone.

"You are the pathetic one Alfred!" Stone hollered. "We did everything together but you stole the glory. One is lost, nowhere to be found, the other probably dead, all you care while I have to leave, struggling like a street dog. And you….enjoyed the whole glory." 

After being accused, someone will definitely refute, but since he knew the whole truth, Alfred simply scoffed and said seriously,

"Cut the crap Stone and let my son go."

Stone harrumphed at the statement. "And you think that I will release him that easily after going through my plans."

"Aren't you just a coward by getting a child involved?" Alfred eyed him.

Stone clenched his fists as those words kept ringing in his brain. He exhaled and kept a straight face. "I won't act stupid if I were you, Alfred. This place is heavily guarded and of course, your beloved son is in here. So, you'd better cooperate and no one gets hurt."

"What do you want bastard?" Alfred asked, even though he had an incline that Stone was going to ask for something that would cut his flesh.

Stone grinned and stated slowly, "I heard that Hill Corp will be having a new mechanics launch in three months and you will be revealing a new invention. The Tech Bazaar 23 is having another competition this year and what I want is quite simple."

Everyone there could sense where this idiot was heading which irritated them.

But of course, Stone's face was as thick as his name. "I don't care if you are done or not, give me your blueprints."

Leave a comment and keep on voting.  Love you😘