Thirteen

I wake up in my bed

I wake up in my bed. Someone must've carried me to bed because I can't remember anything. My mind drifts back to my brothers and how terrible they looked.

I stretch and look down. I'm still in my school clothes, wait what time is it. I grab my phone to check the time. 20:30. Wow I slept that long.

Quickly I change into something else before running downstairs however I stop hearing voices coming from the kitchen.

I slowly make my way towards the kitchen but stop outside the door before entering.

"He's lost the plot" I hear my father say sounding stressed.

"When I get my hands on him I swear he's dead" Alexander's voice booms through next. At least he's feeling better.

"Anatoly mentioned he has a secret" Lorenzo's voice comes through next. My Breath hitches at the mention of my abuser. He spoke to Anatoly. He has a secret... oh no. Did he tell them about me?.

"He's provoking you son, you know he's lying" father answers.

"He wasn't lying, I could tell. He's hiding something, something to do with our family" Lorenzo states and the room goes quiet.

A quiet gasp escapes my lips as I take a step back only to fall over a plant pot. You idiot Arianna.

"What was that" Alonzo asks and I swear I hear a gun cocking.

The kitchen door opens revealing Lorenzo looking around Frantically. He stops and relaxes once he sees me on the floor.

"Are you okay Arianna" he asks noticing I'm covered in plant soil.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine, however I'm not sure who's brilliant idea it was to put a plant put here" i glare at the plant before standing up and wiping myself off.

Lorenzo stares at me amused. "We saved you some dinner come" he holds out his hand for me to take.

Reluctantly I take his hand, his big ass hand engulfing mine before he pulls me into the kitchen.

It's just my luck that basically everyone is here, including Fran and Aless and staring at me. I say a quick hi before my head goes down. I go and stand next to Malakai who pulls me into a side hug. I love him.

"Did you have a good nap Principessa" my father asks.

"Yep" I reply popping the "p".

"Bene, Alonzo get her food please" he asks my brother who nods. He goes to the fridge before pulling out a full plate wrapped up and placing it into the microwave.

"Looks like I missed some sort of gathering" I speak up with a raised eyebrow. Obviously they're here to discuss Mafia business but who needs to know that.

"You'll be seeing Francesco and Aless a lot, they basically live here" My father states. I turn to the pair, Fran waves at me whilst Alessandro sends me a wink.