Twenty

This is the worst hide and seek I've ever played in my life

I'm currently situated behind a vending machine in this random mall sat next to none other than Federico. He hasn't said a word and we've been here for 10 minutes.

Domenico split us into teams so we don't get lost. The sneaky bastard put myself, him, Rico and Kai on the same team. At least one of them doesn't know anything.

Gray, luc, Luca and xander are hiding whilst my twin brothers are counting, so we're gonna be here forever.

"I'm bored" I hear Malakai whisper yell from the other side where him and dom are situated behind another vending machine.

"Arianna" I hear him whisper yell a bit louder after a period of time.

"Yes Kai" I whisper yell back to my brother.

"How many fingers am I holding up" he replies back.

"Oh for goodness sake Malakai be quiet" I hear Nico say followed by a slap sound. I begin to chuckle but am cut off by a "shh" sound from Rico.

"Really the first thing you say to me is sh-" I begin to rant but am cut off again "Arianna be quiet for a second" Federico responds and I can sense he's on edge.

Suddenly heavy footsteps echo in the area we're hiding in, followed by accented voices.

"Boss skazal, chto oni zdes', v torgovom tsentre (Boss said they're here at the mall)". Someone says and panic rises in me. I know that language.

"my nakhodim ikh mertvymi ili zhivymi (we find them dead or alive)" another one snaps. There must be multiple I'm not sure how many.

"net, devushka ostanetsya netronutoy (No, the girl stays untouched" a third voice bellows and my heart sinks. He wants me back, he's hunting me.

I feel a slight a movement and look to my left to see Federico texting what looks like a group chat. Hang on a minute why am I not in the gc. The message he's sending reads Russians in mall, backup needed.

He presses send and slides the phone back in his pocket. Okay hopefully they leave and we get out of here before-

Ding. A loud text notification goes off in the area we reside in and I immediately know it's Malakais stupid phone.

"chto eto bylo (what was that)" one of the Russian men says and the place goes silent.

"kto-to zdes' (someone's here)" another one states and the sound of guns clicking echos around the little corner we reside in.

"Find them" one of them growls in a strong Russian accent. "We know you're here" he then says a bit louder.

I look at Federico who is slowly reaching for something in his pockets. This is not going to end well.

He then turns to me with a conflicted look on his face. "What should we do" I mouth to him ever so gently.

"Don't move" he mouths back. "Stay here and don't move". He begins to slowly stand up but the sound of something being kicked over stops him in his tracks.

"Fuck" I hear Domenico say followed by a bunch of footsteps and loud shouting.

"Just who we were looking for" one of the Russian men says, the same one who keeps speaking. Cringe.

"Who" I hear Kai respond, a hint of amusement in his voice.

"You Morettis" the same man responds followed by the sound of a gun cocking.

"Asked" Kai replies before laughing very loudly to himself. I bite my lip trying to control my laughter while Federico rolls his eyes.

"Little shit I'll kill you" the Russian man growls and few footsteps can be heard. My legs are really staring to cramp back here but I can't afford to break my cover.

"Would you really be so stupid to kill us in a public space, CCTV everywhere" Domenico's voice comes out next.

"Who said anything about killing you here, plus I'm sure your brothers would like some company since we've found them" he says. My eyes widen in shock. They've got the others?.

Suddenly Rico nudges me and urges me to stand up, which I do. He holds up 6 fingers and nodding in front of us, I'm assuming there's 6 men here.

The conversation between Kai, Nico and the man is still going on however I'm only focusing on Nico.

He mouths "They're all facing away from us, it's now or never" he begins to leave me but I nudge his arm.

"Kai will ask questions Rico, I'm scared" I mouth back truthfully. I'm not ready my brothers to uncover anything, I'm still in shock at how Nico and Rico found out. Kai will ask questions, questions I'm not ready to answer.

"Arianna, questions or taken" he mouths back in response. I guess he's right,I'd hate for any of my brothers or cousins to be in hands on Anatoly. I have to do this.

I sigh before reaching for my knife hidden in my back pocket. Federico looks at me for a few seconds face as static as deadpan as ever before nodding. I nod back.

He begins to quietly come out from behind the vending machine and I follow. When we get out I see Kai and Dom backing up as the men move towards them.

"You're making this harder than it needs to be" the main Russian man speaks before reaching for something in his jacket and pulling it out. My heart drops at the large knife he begins to point at Kai.

I'm sure Kai and Nico can take them, but they're cornered. "Last chance, we do this the easy way or the hard way". No reply.

"Very well" the man goes to swing for Kai but is cut off by yelling. I turn next to me to see one of the Russian men on his knees holding his now bleeding neck.

"devochka (girl)" I hear a voice and turn back to find 2 men charging at me. Shit. Maybe I could take a hit and act like I'm clueless... oh who am I kidding these men will knock me the fuck out.

"idite syuda (come here)" one of the men bark while trying to grab me however I take a step back avoiding him. The other man then grabs my jumper so I take the knife hidden in my sleeve and slice his arm. He lets go giving me a chance run.

However as I try to run the second man grabs my hair yanking me to the ground. I hear my name being yelled and I look around to see Kai staring at me in shock. Federico and Domenico are busy getting wrestled by the other Russian men.

The man then yanks me upright again, so I take this opportunity to twist my head round and knee him in the balls. He lets go of my hair so I take the knife and stab him in the leg before pulling it back out.

"Little bitch" he seethes in pain dropping to the ground. These men are supposed to be tough can't even take a stab wound to the thigh.

The man who I sliced earlier starts to run at me again so I take my knife out fully in display. He throws a punch which I dodge leaving his arm so I slice him again.

"yebat' (fuck) stupid girl" he growls before pulling something out from his belt. He points a loaded glock towards me, inches from my forehead.

"Move and you will all die" he asserts. I take a look around and notice we're all being held at gunpoint. Well isn't this fantastic. I spare a shot glance at Malakai who still seems to be in shock whilst Rico and Nico each gave a busted lip and cuts all over their face.

"Hand me the knife little girl" he says holding his hand out to me. I roll my eyes before reluctantly passing him the knife but just before the knife touches his palm he drops to the ground with a thump followed by the remaining men.

Rapidly i turn around to see Lorenzo holding what looks to be a silencer with a beat up Alexander behind along with Giovanni and Alessandro.

Fuck...