005 - THE TOKEN OF REMEMBERENCE

Satoru walked around the pavement in his black overcoat, waiting for you to arrive with your belongings packed. It was 4 a.m. early in the morning, too early for the darkness not to be lifted. Satoru was disappointed to see you leave, but it was for your own good.

"Kelp" Voice sounded from Satoru's back, turning to find Inumaki packed up in a heavy-puffy sweater. It was the season of fall so of course, it would be cold.

"Toge! What are you doing here" Satoru exclaimed in surprise.

Inumaki pointed toward the car which was ready to leave once Y/n came.

"You are waiting for Y/n-chan?" Satoru asked as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Salmon-salmon" Inumaki nodded heavily in response representing he was correct.

"Oh I see, you must be a good friend of Y/n," Saturo said with an emotionless face.

"Salmon..." Inumaki whispered and blushed laboriously. Satoru seeing his face furrowed.

"Satoru-san, I am done with packing" You came out of the dorm's main exit with your large items of luggage. You wore a puffy jacket upon a thin short frock. You didn't feel chills easily down in the leg area hence the dressing was absolutely comfortable for you.

Before leaving you informed your mother on call. She was very furious and worried that you chose the same risky profession that your dad chose, but you tried to ease her heart and assured her that you are selfish enough to not let you lose your life in vain. You wanted to meet her before leaving but everything rushed so much that you had to postpone it. Your mother promised that she would visit you while you're training.

You turned to see Inumaki standing. It filled you with delight that Inumaki remembered you were leaving today and even came to greet you this early even though you asked everyone to not bother.

"Toge-senpai, I am really glad you came to see me out," You said to Inumaki with a bright smile while Satoru stood there, taking the support of his car's bonnet, and continued observing you both.

Inumaki was really sad. He didn't want to stay away as you were the only one who understood you but he was mature enough to realise that letting go is best for now.

"Y/n, I brought this for you" Inumaki took out his right hand from his pocket to reveal a beautiful bracelet "This is for you. While you are away, it will remind you of me" Inumaki explained as he too your left hand tied the bracelet upon your wrist.

Inumaki towered to you, he came closer and unexpectedly hugged you. You thought of it as nothing else but a cordial hug. Yet in contrast, it was not at all intended to be a cordial hug for him.

Satoru observed you both and rage filled him as he saw someone else getting closer to you. Satoru could not react as if he owned you, at least not in front of you, or else you'd increase your distance from him. Thinking about the risk of losing you, Satoru controlled his temper.

"Toge, Y/n-chan it's time to leave" Satoru informed with his smile spread upon his lips.

"Toge Senpai, I cannot thank you anymore" You took your left wrist in your palm and looked at Inumaki before waving him goodbyes "I'll always cherish it" Your large grin beamed throughout your face. You were really happy about the cordial love being showered by Toge. It gave you enough motivation to quickly complete your training and join everyone back.

Inumaki stood there until your vehicle disappeared in darkness.

I will wait for you Y/n.

Satoru drove through the roads to reach the destination. He said it might take 6 hours to reach there, so you lay in the back seat to rest and finish your incomplete sleep.