022 - THE JUDGMENT

After a long conversation with Inumaki, you went inside your dorm. With every step taken forward, you thought about the words Inumaki taught you.
Don't do what you think is right, but what is right. His words kept being repeated in your brain.

Out of nowhere, you heard a stone has been crushed against the earth.
In the midst of the hallway, you saw Itadori sitting alone.
"Itadori-kun" You waved at him, and he noticed your company.

"Y/n-chan" The sad Itadori waved back and covered his sorrow with a smile as he invited you back.

"You don't look good" You were concerned about him since he was always a cheerful person but seemed as if he got struck by life. You walked up to him who was sitting in the small garden of your dorm, shrugging his shoulder.

"Oh," He gave a light chuckle "Trust me I am worse inside" You were glad that he was honest with you instead of hiding his feelings.

"How are you doing my lovely pet?" Itadori's cheek spoke up.

"You can always share with me" You patted his shoulder completely ignoring Sukuna.

"Brat don't dare to ignore me, You are mine. You should always list-" Itadori shut him down by enclosing his lips and using his willpower to suppress him.

"I couldn't safeguard my friend Junpei" Hot years rolled through his eyes "I thought I could save him without choosing the harder path, but instead I lost him" He started blaming his choice.
You pulled him closer to you and squeezed him in a hug.

"You can not change the choices you made, but you can always learn from them" You uttered as you felt you could be in the same situation as him if you chose the easier path. The path to stay beside everyone and lose them in front of your eyes, even though that was the right choice.

Itadori cried his feelings down loudly as if he had clasped his emotions inside him for long. You gently patted him and assured him it wasn't his fault and everything will be okay later.

"We learn, we make mistakes, we learn, we make mistakes and the cycle goes on" You whispered into his ears not knowing whether you were assuring him or yourself.

————————————————————————

After taking Itadori to his room and making sure he slept, you hauled to your room.

Your surroundings seemed darker than usual. The heaviness on your chest never left. Everyone was suffering in their own way, with their own problems. It suffocated you knowing that people whom you love around you are sorrowing.

You didn't have the guts to make anyone suffer anymore, especially because of yourself. You knew it not only Satoru but Shoko to us mourning for their best friend. You also knew that Suguru would kill everyone on his way, even your friends.

Henceforth in order to protect them, you decided to leave. You pulled out your paper and pen, jotting down your last words to everyone and enclosing them in their respective envelope with their name.

"This should be fine enough" You mumbled to yourself as you changed your uniform into casual clothes. You wore denim shorts with a sleeveless tank top and a leather black jacket over. You never felt much coldness in your legs henceforth short dresses in winter never bothered you, being used to coldness in your previous life deprived of money and care.

You communed your long strands of hair into a ponytail, in order to stop them from distracting you.

You put your essentials in your bag, including the teddy bear Satoru gifted you. You couldn't ever leave it. You recalled the day Satoru gifted this to you as an apology and you cherished the days you both spent, primarily the hot night.