Kokuzan conquers the sun.

Muzan and Kokushibo conquer the sun after the final battle. (Don't ask how, they just do...) 

⚠️Slight manga spoilers!!! (Only slight because of the extreme cannon divergence, but if you haven't read the original chapters it will probs be confusing for you. )

setting: infinity fortress ruins, final battle. 

au: demons win 

⚠️SKIP THE AU CHANGES IF YOU DONT WANT MANGA SPOILERS ⚠️

        All the au changes: Douma, Akaza, Nakime, Kaigaku, Shinobu, Muichiro, Genya, Tamayo, are still dead (😭😭). Gyomei and Sanemi also die (both in the Kokushibo fight). Tanjiro, Nezuko, Inosuke, Kanao, Zenitsu, Giyu, Yushiro, Obanai and Mitsuri are still alive. (btw Obamitsu gets married guys). Muzan and Kokushibo conquer the sun. 

Theme: Fluff  (A bit of angst in the beginning, but mainly fluff. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3RD PERSON POV

They were all standing on top of the ruins on the once great Infinity fortress. Dawn was coming up fast, but the demon slayers were loosing. 

They had already lost 4 of the 7 remaining hashira. Shinobu had sacrificed herself to kill Upper 2, but some of the strongest hashira, Muichiro, Gyomei, and Sanemi had died to Upper 1. The worst part for the corps was that they were so close to killing off upper one, but he regenerated his head like nothing happened. 

Now, their only hope was to push them till dawn. 

Tamayo's drugs were working, weakening Muzan significantly, but he and Kokushibo fought so well together that it almost made no difference. 

The battle was intense, the slayers were constantly getting injured, and they were barley keeping the demons in one place. Moon blades and tentacles were all over the place, flying so fast that the Corps could barley see them. Their leader, who had just lost his father, was at a loss of what to do, just like everybody else. 

But then, 

The first light of dawn shone. 

The slayers kept pushing, hoping the rays would hit the flesh of Muzan and Kokushibo. 

Everybody was ready to have the their sigh of relief. 

However... 

When the sun shone, the demons froze. Upper one quickly returned to Muzan's side, almost clinging to him.  This was the first time that both demons looked visibly worried. They braced themselves for death, as anywhere they could run would put them more in harm's way. 

But death never came. 

When the sun came in contact with their skin, they did not burn. 

They were alive. It was them who had the sigh of relief. 

They stared into each other's eyes for a little bit, and then came together for an embrace. 

Meanwhile, the slayers were frozen. This was a moment of downtime, but they all expected to perish soon. 

When Muzan and Kokushibo pulled away from eachother, they stood in thought for another moment. Then, it was Kokushibo who broke their silence. He said, 

"Muzan...? Uhm... What should happen to... them..?" He gestured to the slayers. Muzan looked over at them with a blank expression. 

"Oh. Yes, them..." He thought for a moment. "Well, now that we've conquered the sun we want to go through with our plan, right?" Kokushibo nodded. "Then I'd say we should let them go." The slayers and Kokushibo had a shared look of surprise. Kokushibo then tilted his head to the side. "Why? Well, I'm sure you and I would both prefer to eliminate unnecessary work, right?" Kokushibo nodded again. "Since we plan to now travel, we have to take the time to make all those plans and arrangements.  Since that's already a lot of work, and these weaklings aren't worth it, we're not wasting our time with them any longer."