Spicy

Allyna's POV

Grandma was watching the rerun of Adam's family when I arrived.

She didn't even spare me a glance.
I can forgive her because the 90's version of Adam's family is the best version in my opinion.

I wonder before if this kind of family exist.
After meeting the Rosen-Hower's. I can say that this show can be based on them.

"Grandma. Do you want some lunch?"I ask.

I know that I am not here overnight and grandma is alone but grandma usually eats granola bar in the morning. She can prepare it safely by herself.

Grandma slowly looks at me and smiles serenely.

"Oh honey. You woke up late!" Grandma exclaimed.

"Yes I did Grandma! I am sorry about that!" I responded.

"Don't worry lovey. Mike already gave me some breakfast this morning. I left some for you."
Grandma pointed at our dining table.

Grandma was right. She left some sort of omelette, toast and sausage for me.

"Did you thank Mike for this spread?"
I ask grandma as I sit on the dining chair.

"Yup. That lad was always taking care of us. You could get it on with him and you could even do horizontal tango with him allyna. You'll never hear any complain coming from me. I will even support you."

I spout the juice that I am drinking after hearing what grandma says.

"Grandma! What the heck?!" I shouted.

Grandma laughs loudly and shrugs her shoulder.

God old people has no filter.

"You are really fond of Mike."

"He is a sweet guy and looks devilishly handsome Allyna." Grandma added.

"Am I getting a new grandpa?" I teases.

"Oh he wish!" Grandma exclaimed.

I shook my head while laughing.

I finish my breakfast and prep for lunch and dinner.

When I called my manager to apologise because I am absent today, she told me that today is apparently my day off.

Since when?

The whole day was really uneventful.
I just go with the routine of Grandma.

Routine is a must for people with dementia. So the whole day we knitt then some arts and crafts. I am a proud owner of a mangly looking scarf that can pass as a floor rug.

I tucked grandma at her usual bed time. I made sure she took her medications.

I was surprise that her prescription was refilled already. I thought I forgot to refill it.

I got ready for my shift tomorrow and arranged all my stuff for my class.

That night, I sleep with a light heart and a smile while remembering a certain person.

-Next day-

As usual Grandma woke up earlier than me. She's already arranging the table when I went out of the room.

Thank god she did not cook anything. I am safe from diarrhea today.

I cooked some regular pancakes and made some chicken noodles to heat up our stomach.

Made a small talk with grandma while having our breakfast.

My shift will start at 7am so I need to run.