One Step In The Door

Friends!!! :D - 7:19 AM

Broccoli-chan (Izuku), Sonic the Hedgehog (Iida), Hot Pocket (Todoroki), Dr. Jekyll (Hatsume), Mr. Sandman (Honenuki), and Mrs. Darcy (Yaomomo) are online.

Sonic the Hedgehog: Good luck to everyone taking exams today!!!

Mrs. Darcy: Best of luck to Midoriya and Hatsume!

Mr. Sandman: good luck u guys

Broccoli-chan: good luck 2 u guys 2!!!

Dr. Jekyll: thank

Hot Pocket: welc

Mr. Sandman: alriht, who told todo how 2 meme???

Mr. Sandman: i want names

Dr. Jekyll: zuku

Broccoli-chan: betrayed

—————————————————

Izuku squinted, going through the Powerpoint on his laptop one final time. He was presenting an analysis on Endeavor, and why he's actually the worst hero. He had sent the presentation to Shouto already, who had just responded to him with a thumbs up emoji, and he was looking it over one last time to make sure there weren't any embarrassing typos.

"You're gonna be fine, Broccoli-chan!" Mei said, from where she was sitting next to him. She was going through her bag, probably picking which baby she wanted to present. "You literally do this as your job."

Izuku groaned. "But usually those are sent in the form of nice little pdfs! I don't present in front of people!"

Mei leveled him a look. "You've checked the presentation seven times today. I'm pretty sure the eighth time is not going to show you anything new."

"But what if it-"

Mei covered his mouth with her hand. "No buts! You'll do great." She closed his laptop and took it from him.

"Hey! I need that!"

"You can get it back after you're done with your practical," Mei said, tucking it into her bag. "Or I'll tell Keigo that we let you have Starbucks before the test."

Izuku balked at that. "I thought we were friends!"

"It's for your own good, Broccoli-chan," Mei said. Her name was called, and she turned to look over at the little robot that had wheeled over to the front of the room. "If you even think about working on the presentation, I will sicc Keigo on your ass."

Izuku grumbled as Mei left, slumping in his seat. He couldn't even study for the written test, as they had finished taking it already. Instead, he stood up and started pacing, hurriedly thinking out loud on his future analyses to take his mind off of the upcoming presentation.

At least, he was, until an applicant threw a notebook at his head.

—————————————————

Izuku adjusted his glasses, looking himself over one last time before he stepped into the room. Usually, students would be wearing their middle school uniform, but he burned his old uniform as soon as he transferred out of Aldera, and online schools don't have uniforms, so he just showed up in something close to business casual (jeans and a t-shirt that said "button up shirt") and hoped it worked.

Projecting a confidence he didn't have, he walked into the room. It was a regular classroom, with most of the desks pushed to the side and a projector set up in the back, a laptop connected to it already. Sitting at the few desks still in the middle of the room were Power Loader, Nedzu, and a couple of other heroes he recognized as prominent support heroes.