Pre-Tests

Pony giggled as her classmate complained incessantly. She could tell that Tokage was getting annoyed, but Honenuki found it just as funny as she did.

"How come 1-A gets to do things while we have to do this?"

"Because they took the Quirk Assessment test yesterday," Vlad King sighed, already looking done with their class.

"But why???"

"Because Aizawa is crazy," their teacher said. "Now, please step up and stop asking questions."

Pony and Honenuki shared a glance, giving each other a nod. They were definitely grilling their friends about what they did today.

She may have picked up some of her friends' competitiveness. Oops.

—————————————————

Thankfully, the second day was calmer than the first. It was a usual class schedule, with his teachers just going over expectations, syllabi, and icebreakers. Which was just fine with Hitoshi.

Yesterday was terrifying enough, thank you.

It wasn't a complete cluster fuck though. He thinks he made some friends? They stuck around the second day, despite his personality. Actually, he and Jirou were pretty similar, which was kinda cool.

Anyways, Hagakure was talking about this support student she met yesterday, who agreed to meet them at lunch.

Hitoshi didn't think that much of it until he spotted the table.

There was a girl with pink curls and goggles pushed up onto her forehead, excitedly chattering instead of eating. Next to her was a girl who was more spider-like, listening and occasionally pitching in. And across from them both was a boy with green curls and freckles that haunted his nightmares.

Rabbit.

He thought he escaped his days as a Starbucks barista, and yet here is his most terrifying regular.

Now, Rabbit wasn't rude or particularly chatty. Hell he even left fantastic tips. They didn't know his name, he always signed with a little rabbit shape, but that wasn't unusual either. Plenty of customers signed with a nickname.

No, the truly terrifying part was the order. If Hitoshi was being generous, he would call it a murder weapon. If he wasn't, he'd call it a violation of the Geneva Convention.

Just when he thought it couldn't get worse, Hagakure called out, "Hi Midoriya-kun!" And Rabbit looked up. 

"Hi Hagakure!" Rabbit responded with a wave.

"Nope nope nope nope nope," Hitoshi muttered, turning around. But before he could escape, Jirou grabbed his arm and dragged him to his doom.

Hagakure had taken a seat next to the kid who could probably fight God, so the rest of them sat at a table that Uraraka had dragged over.

Introductions were made while Hitoshi shoveled food into his mouth so that he didn't have to talk. He learned that the Crazy Lady was Hatsume, the Spider Girl was Tisserande (although she was French so she preferred to be called Annabelle, or Anna for short), and that Rabbit's real name was Midoriya.

"Alright, why are you so afraid of Midoriya?" Jirou asked. "Do you know him or something?"

He shrugged through a mouthful of food, while Midoriya spoke up for him. "Kind of! On my morning jog, I pick up Starbucks before I go to the post office. He was usually working when I came in."

"Yeah, we're all scared of you," Hitoshi responded. "It's not just me."

"But why?"

He just gave Midoriya a deadpan glare. "Anyone whose daily Starbucks order is a legal murder weapon should be feared."