cute kids

so i didn't feel like changing the names again so yeah it's elia and joshua
also, im not lazy.
one of my favorite quotes is
you're not lazy. your body has a certain amount of energy to use, and right now you're using all of it to simply live.
think about that

Will watched Nico on the couch. He was feeding their newborn, Joshua, while watching "Bluey" with 5-year-old Elia. Elia was snuggled into Nico's side and was watching Joshua drink his bottle.
"Dad?"
"What's up tesoro?"
"Why is Bluey blue if she's a girl?" Elia wondered. Nico laughed.
"Why can't Bluey be blue? Blue isn't just for boys, it's your favorite color!" Nico laughed again.
"But Dad, Bluey's Mom is orange and Bingo is orange so why isn't Bluey orange like the other girls?" Elia was laying with her elbows propping up her head.
"Ellie, think about it like this. What color is Daddy?"
"Daddy's tan," Elia answered.
"And what color am I?" Nico asked.
"You're white, Dad. Very very white." Will burst into laughter at this and Nico laughed to himself.
"Ok. Well, what color are you and Joshua?"
"Dark brown. Why?"
"Well honey, why isn't Joshua white and tan like me and Daddy? Does that mean he's not a boy?"
"No. Joshua is a boy. But what are you talking about?"
Nico laughed. "This is a very long way of saying that maybe Bluey and her dad are representing a skin color like brown and Bingo and her mom are different skin color, like me or Daddy." Realization dawned on Elia's face, her eyes widening and her jaw dropping. Will laughed at her face.
"Thanks dad!"
Nico chuckled. "No problem kiddo." He got up and set the baby bottle down on the coffee table. He shifted Joshua in his arms to burp him. He walked toward the kitchen. After burping Joshua, he set him down in a baby seat and laid a blanket over him. Nico walked to Will and laced their fingers together and leaned against his side. Nico had been taking night feedings, because he was more of a night person anyway, but he was exhausted.
"How 'bout you go sleep? Doctor's orders, Neeks," Will said a smile. Nico looked up at him and smiled fondly at the words. 'Doctor's orders' was the whole reason they were even together, and it made Nico sentimental. Will gently kissed Nico and picked him up bridal style.
"Ah! Will, put me down!" Nico shrieked.
"Nope!" Will carried Nico to the couch and laid him down, snuggling in next to him. Elia, feeling left out, jumped onto the couch and cuddled up next to Will. Will got her to fall asleep quickly using an old trick he used to use to get Nico to sleep. He may or may not have learned it after watching Frozen 2. Nico curled up like a cat into Will's side and fell asleep. Will turned to look at Joshua, and seeing the baby asleep as well, drifted off to slumber.

457 words