Panic attack

Slurs mentioned

Nico did not want to be here. He was being forced to go to high school. It was the one Will was going to, but he still didn't want to go. Him and Will were in none of the same classes except for lunch and gym. Will was already a popular kid, having been in this school, Midtown High, for a year prior to Nico's arrival. Nico would be the weird kid. He already knew it.

Nico tried to find his way to his first class. He made in just in time before he got a tardy for the day. 'Jeez, I can navigate the Labyrinth but not a high school?' he thought. He sat in the back of the class. He was not excited for this class. It was social studies, and seemed mind-numbingly boring. Nico took out his sketchbook and continued working on a drawing of him and Will.

About 20 minutes into the class, someone next to him, a boy named Elijah, grabbed his sketchbook and laughed.

"Hey this almost looks like Will! Ha, as if he'd even be friends with you!" Elijah laughed and passed the sketchbook around to his friends, who all laughed and commented on the fact that Nico was so "goth" and that Will wouldn't never notice him, much less like him.

Nico's face was red and he stomped in front of one of Elijah's friends, Stephen. "Give it back." His voice was cold. Stephen laughed.

"Or what, fag?"

"Give. It. Back."

"How. About. No," Stephen responded mockingly. Nico was shaking with anger. He reached for the sketchbook, but Stephen pulled it away from his grasp, ripping the page down the middle. Nico gasped.

"Oops," Stephen said with a smirk. He crumpled the ripped half of the paper and shoved the paper ball and sketchbook in Nico's arms. Nico wanted to cry. He'd spent hours on the drawing, combined over lots of days. He had planned to give it to Will for his birthday, which was coming up. Nico felt a panic attack coming; his chest started to hurt, he couldn't breathe properly, and his hands were shaking. He shoved the book and paper in his backpack. He was not going to have a breakdown in front of these guys. He had to find Will. How? Before he could think about the answer, he pushed the door in the back of classroom open and left.

The halls were empty. He headed toward the nearest boy's room, near the cafeteria. He rushed inside, vaguely hearing his name called. He set down his bag and slid down the wall to the ground. Ordinarily, he'd be worried about germs, and how disgusting the bathroom floor was, but he couldn't breathe. He took gasping, uneven breaths, trying to regain control of his body but failing.

"Nico? That you?" Will called. He laid eyes on the boy on the floor and smiled, unaware of Nico's current state. "Neeks! Come on, first period couldn't have been that bad!" Will walked towards Nico, and his smile faded. He heard Nico's gasping breaths and saw the trembling of his body. He knelt down next to him, pressing his palms to Nico's cheeks. He tilted Nico's chin up to look at him. Tears streamed down Nico's face. Will's kissed Nico's forehead and pushed the hair out of his eyes.

"Look at me. Hey, look at me. You're okay now. You're safe. I'm right here, Nico, and I'm not going anywhere. You're safe." Will kissed Nico softly, and Nico sighed and kissed back, grateful for Will. Just for Will being Will, for being his solace and his Solace. (A/n corny ik)

"Hey, that Solace?" Elijah called across the bathroom. Stephen and the other goons were by his side. Nico quickly pushed Will away. His eyes widened.

"No Will, t-they're homophobic they caused-" Nico was immediately cut off by Will.

"Shh...I'll handle it. It's okay. They caused your attack?" Nico nodded slightly. Will smiled warmly and got up.

"Elijah! I see you've met Nico!" Will said, overly cheery.

Elijah snorted. "Yeah I've met the faggot. He was drawing you two holding hands. Ugh, disgusting, am I right?"

"Not really, I mean, he is my boyfriend," Will said grabbing Nico's hand and pulling him up to stand. Nico wiped his tears with his arm. Elijah snorted again.

"Good one Solace," he said. He studied Will, who's fingers were laced with Nico's. "You...were joking...right?"

Will smiled. He let Nico's hand fall out of his, and walked toward Elijah until they were inches apart. "Oh no, I wasn't. And I swear to you, Elijah, if you or any one of you guys, hurt him or speak to him like that again, I'll make you pray you hadn't." Will's voice had a cold, angry edge to it. Elijah paled.

"Uh Yeah. Ok, sure Solace."

"Get out," Will said bitterly. Elijah and the others shuffled out quickly, stumbling into each other. Nico looked up at Will.

"Wow Sunshine, I didn't know you could be so scary," he said with hint of awe in his voice.

"Only when something's threatening you, my love." Will leaned down and kissed Nico. It was pretty much the best above-water kiss of all time.

877 words

Wait. This ones my fav.

I can't decide.