10. Someone like you

Jungkook's POV

"C'mon Rowoon! They say you sing very well. Come, sing a song for us!" Mr Park calls out to Rowoon through the Mike while Rowoon laughs and shakes his head, sitting beside me.

"C'mon dude, don't be shy!" Some guy shouts. Another group of people start cheering for Rowoon.

"Rowoon! Rowoon! Rowoon! Rowoon!

Finally, Rowoon gets up from beside me, laughing. "Okay, okay, calm down guys. I'll sing!"  People cheer and clap and eventually, everyone goes silent as Rowoon gets the Mike from Mr Park and goes to the center. Rowoon starts singing the song 'For You' and everybody quietly listens to him. He was actually singing pretty well.

So, currently, we are all sitting around the night fire in an open ground, singing, dancing and playing games after having dinner. Earlier in the evening, we together made 14 tents for all of us to sleep at night and after that Mr Park and some guys together made the night fire in the center. Apparently, Rowoon is Taehyung's tent mate tonight, together with another guy called Yoonjae. And I guess Tae hyung hasn't liked it.

Also, I got another really bad news. I've to stay inside a tent with two other girls tonight. Anyway, I decided I'm not sleeping. I'll just lie down and stay awake. I can't afford to have the girls find out my real identity.

Rowoon finishes his song and everybody gives him loud cheers and claps. He gives the Mike back to Mr Park and comes back to sit near me where he has been sitting since the whole program started.

"Who's gonna perform next?" Mr Park shouts through the mike as Rowoon slumps down beside me. "Is anyone ready to dance?"

Soon some girls shout back 'Yes' and cheerfully get onto their feet, excited to dance. "We want Blackpink!" they shout to Miss Choi and she laughs and complies, playing 'How You Like That.'

"How was my song?" Rowoon asks me during the dance performance.

"It was great! You got a really nice voice," I say and smile at him.

"Everyone says that," he laughs. "My friends say I could have become an Idol if I tried. But I don't wanna be an idol or anything. You know, it's so stressful. I like simple life."

"Oh..I see..okay," I nod to him and notice Tae hyung who was sitting on my right, frowning at him.

"So Choon Hee, Who is your favourite idol?" Rowoon asks.

"I like IU," I reply.

"Oh..IU? Yeah, I like her too. Who is your favourite male singer?"

"Uhm..I like Ed Sheeran, also Justin Bieber."

"I see. I also like them. But I thought you'd say some k-pop idols name. You are kind of different," he chuckles. I don't say anything or even flash him a smile. He is starting to become kinda annoying.

Soon the dance performance ends and the girls all go back to sit down whilst panting and giggling. Miss Choi takes the Mike and clears her throat. "We've got a guitar here. Is there anyone who can play a guitar?"

"Do you like Adele?" Tae hyung suddenly whispers near my right ear.

"Yeah," I say and tilt my face to notice his lips spread into a beautiful boxy smile. Then to my surprise, he raises his hand and then gets on to his feet, going towards Miss Choi.

I watch in amusement as he gets the guitar from Mr Park and then moves to stand a little away from the fire. Then without saying anything, he taps the strings and starts singing the song 'Someone like you', totally taking me aback.

When he asked me if I liked Adele, I didn't think he was going to play this song on guitar! And I didn't know he could sing and play guitar so well!

His voice was really deep and soothing. He looks at me as he expertly plays the chords whilst singing with emotion. I couldn't help but stare back at him in wonder. Then the girls also start singing along with him.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you, too
'Don't forget me,' I beg
I remember you said
'Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead'

Taehyung keeps on staring at me as he plays the guitar and I feel my heartbeat increase, I can hear it pound along with his beats. Is this song meant for me? Does he mean anything?

Suddenly, Rowoon wraps his arm around my shoulder. The Guitar's beat and Tae hyung's deep melodious voice ceases the very instant. Abruptly, I pull myself away from Rowoon, feeling terrified. The next second, I hear the soothing voice again.

Nobody actually seemed to notice Tae hyung paused for a moment, as they were all singing along. But I don't look up at Tae hyung's face again. My chest feels heavy.

My heart only starts thudding more rapidly once they finish the performance and Tae hyung returns to my side. As soon as he sits back, he wraps his hand around my shoulder and pulls me closer to him, only causing my chest to play drums. "It's okay, Jungkookie. I'm back. Did you get scared?" He whispers in my ear.

"No, I'm fine," I almost stutter and squirm away, trying to calm my heart. I didn't want him to hear it beating like that. But there was no space to move. If I moved any further, I'd be on Rowoon's lap. To make things worse, I then notice Rowoon looking really awkward and I tilt my face, only to see Tae hyung glaring at him.

What is happening?