42. Lamb Skewers

Jungkook's POV

"Bun, are you tired?" Tae hyung asks me after we practice dribbling, passing and shooting for an hour.

"Not really," I say and shoot the ball, aiming at the hoop but it fails to go through it. I leave a sigh and turn to Tae hyung. "Why can't I still do it?"

"Oh bunny, basketball isn't something you master in a week. I've been playing for years and sometimes even I fail to score a basket. You're just being over-ambitious now," he says in a scolding tone, making me pout.

"Gosh, Jungkookie! Now don't look at me like that! I feel like kissing you!" he says and comes towards me, making my heart pound faster.

I thought he'd kiss me. But he only cups my face with his both hands and stares into my eyes. "Listen, you'll get better with practice. Be proud that you're already this good with just one week's practice."

I nod to him and lean in kissing his beautiful lips. They slowly spread into a gentle smile against mine. "Did you already forget your Daddy's ground rule?" He asks me as I pull away.

"No, but today is a holiday and although we are at school, there are no teachers here," I tell him, smiling.

"I see.." he chuckles. "You look tired. Shall we go drink banana milk and come back more energetic?"

"Oh..yeah!" I squeal causing him to grin wide.

"Then c'mon!" he grabs my hand and we run out of the basketball court, hand in hand towards the parking.

We drive to a nearby cafe named Cafe Zino and when we step inside, both of our mouths drop open at the sight we see inside. Some people we know are sitting in a corner of the cafe, having lamb skewers and coffee. Two guys to be exact, one of them none other than Tae hyungie's best friend who told him he needed to urgently study for class tests this afternoon and the other none else than the guy who used to call him Park Jimin until last month but now has suddenly volunteered to be his mentor and tutor.

"I can't believe he lied to me!" Tae hyung mumbles. Jimin shi is still happily sipping on his coffee whilst looking at the guy who is peacefully chewing on the lamb skewers.

"Shall we go to them?" I whisper-ask Tae hyung.

"Yeah! C'mon!" He says and already starts walking towards them. Soon Min Yoongi notices us and his eyes widen in surprise. Very soon, Jimin shi tilts his face with a frown only to immediately turn it back whilst muttering something in shock.

Smirking, Tae hyung barges towards them and pats his best friend's shoulder hard. "Hey Jimina, didn't think we'd be able to see you here studying so hard for the test!"

"Oh..er..yeah, I was clearing some of my doubts in physics with him," Jimin shi says.

"I see. These days you have a lot of doubts that you can only clarify with Yoongi hyung. By the way, how did the date with the girl go?"

"Oh..er..date..uhm.." Jimin stutters while Min Yoongi frowns at him.

"What happened? It didn't turn out good? Don't tell me you again sister zoned..."

"Tae, stop!" Jimin whisper-sneers at Tae hyung.

"Jimin, you went on a date today?" Min Yoongi asks.

"Uh..no..I didn't," he shakes his head, awkwardly.

"Then where did you rush to from my home at noon?" I ask him with a frown.

"Yeah, where did you go? You said lunch date. Was it with Yoongi hyung?" Tae hyung asks.

"I didn't say date!" Jimin shi squeals. "I just had lunch with him and then I went with him to the university library to collect materials for my assignment."

"Oh..but you actually said.."

"No, I didn't!" Jimin cuts Tae hyung off, face red like a tomato.

"He was with me at the library this afternoon," Yoongi says and averts his eyes to Tae hyung. "So, he goes on dates often, hmm?"

"Yoongi hyung...I.." Jimin shi starts but the hyung cuts him off.

"It's okay, Park Jimin. No need to be embarrassed. It's only normal for guys your age," he says and averts his eyes back to us. "Taehyungie, c'mon, sit down," he pats on the chair near him. Tae hyung smiles and sits down beside him while Jimin looks down at his lap and bites his lips.

"You also make yourself comfortable Jeon Jungkook," the hyung then tells me. I nod and sit down beside Jimin, surprised that he actually knows my name.

"Jin hyung told you?" Tae hyung asks him.

"Hmm..at first he said he is your new friend. But I had no doubt he was your boyfriend. Then last day he told me the truth. What do you guys wanna order? It's on me."

"Oh.." Tae hyung smiles while the big hyung waves at one of the waiters. Soon the waiter comes near us and Tae hyung orders a banana milk and a cherry coke. Min Yoongi orders more lamb skewers.

"So, Jiminie told me you've been helping him with his summer course assignments," Tae hyung says after the waiter leaves. "Why are you helping him, hyung? You've never helped me."

"Don't you have your own hyung? Why would I help you?" The hyung says nonchalantly, starting to munch on his lamb skewers again.

"Yoongi hyung, so, you see Jiminie as your little brother now??" Tae hyung asks in a curious tone, smiling at him innocently. But I know he only looks innocent and his intentions aren't really innocent.

The Yoongi hyung glances up at Jimin shi for a second and then looks back at his lamb skewers. "Not really. Little brothers are a real nuisance. Thankfully, I don't have one and I don't want one."

"Yoongi hyung! You mean I'm a nuisance to my hyung?!" Tae hyung squeals frowning.

"Of course, you are," Yoongi hyung says with a straight face and grabs his cup of coffee, starting to sip on it. I kind of like this guy now.

"How's your practice going? Jimin told me you are trying to get selection on the basketball team."

It's only a moment later I realise the hyung is talking to me. Because he was staring at his plate and was not even glancing at me.

"Oh, yeah, I'm practising hard...hyung," I reply.

"Good!" He says still not looking at me.

"Actually we were practicing now. We just took a break," Tae hyung says and suddenly averts his gaze to Jimin shi. "Oh Jimina, are you free now? Do you still need to study for the test?"

"Yeah, but it's okay, I'll go practice with you for some time," Jimin shi replies.

"Yoongi hyung, you wanna accompany us?" Tae hyung then turns and asks the hyung. He glances briefly at Jimin and then takes one more sip of the coffee while we wait for his reply.

"I'm free. I'll accompany you guys for an hour if you want," he finally says.

"Oh yeah, okay!" Tae hyung squeals. I tilt my face to Jimin and I see a small smile form on his lips.

Now I confidently bet Jimin shi and Yoongi hyung have a huge crush on each other!

Our order arrives and I quickly start sipping on my banana milk, instantly feeling so energetic. Banana milk really is my energy drink!

"Eat this too. I ordered for you guys," Yoongi hyung says pushing the plate of newly arrived lamb skewers towards me and Jimin.

"Oh..okay," I smile and grab a stick.

"You too, eat!" Yoongi hyung orders Jimin. He nods and grabs a stick, starting to blow on the hot piece of meat. A small smile flickers across Yoongi hyung's face as he pushes the plate next towards Tae hyung.