26. Checking went wrong

Taehyung's POV

I drag open the door to see the sight of Jungkook fast asleep on his large white bed, a white duvet covering his body upto his stomach, revealing his right hand held tight against his chest in a white plaster cast. The sight was at once distressing but also dainty. He looked like a fragile little creature, lying there in the middle of the huge king sized bed, looking totally vulnerable.

Gently closing the door behind, I quietly walk towards him and stare at his face, slowly sitting down on the edge of the bed. Although he still looked beautiful, his delicate pale face clearly revealed distress and weakness. He looked extremely tired and troubled, unlike how he looked totally peacefull, sleeping on the hotel bed during our camp.

"Jungkookie.." I call him softly. He hums to me, still in sleep.

"Bunny.." I say and touch his cheeks. His face was hot against my fingers. I press my palm on his forehead and he was literally burning. "Gosh! What happened to you Jungkookah?"

He suddenly flinches open his eyes, the pupils dialating immediately. He blinks his eyes twice and then stares at me with a trembling nose and lips. He looked as if he couldn't believe the sight in front of him.

"I'm really here, bunny," I tell him, removing my palm from his forehead.

"Tae hyung! What are you doing here?!" He jumps up in alarm.

"Hey, careful!" I say and help him lean his back against the headboard.

"How? How are you here?" He stares at me in wonder and disbelief.

"How can I not come to see you after learning you broke your hand? And now I see, you've also caught a fever," I say. He immediately looks down at his arm on the sling and starts anxiously biting his lips.

"Stop abusing those poor lips!" I say instinctively. "And how could you let this happen to you? Why aren't you taking care of yourself?" My tone comes out a bit too harsh than I intended.

He looks up and glances at me for a brief second. But still I notice his eyes filling up with water. 

"Hey, are you going to cry now, bunny?" I ask softly, tilting my head a little to look at his face.

"Nobody came to see me. Why...why'd you come?" He stutters with shivering lips and soon breaks down into sobs.

"Shh..c'mere, bunny," I say and gently pull him into a hug. He sobs on my shoulder and I feel his tears wet my shirt, causing my own eyes to brim with tears. His hot body and his plaster cast pressing up against my chest makes me heavily anguised. I lightly pat on his back while I feel my own chest becoming extremely tight and heavy.

"Shh..it'll be fine, Jungkook-ah. Your fever is gonna disappear in a few days and your hand will also be fine soon. And then you can draw your manga and a lot of people are gonna read it. Don't cry. It's all gonna be alright," I whisper sweet nothings into his ear whilst rubbing his back.

He snuggles his head into the crook on my neck and hugs me tightly with his left hand. "Why didn't you come yet, Tae hyung?" He whimpers, causing my heart to throb in pain and guilt.

"I didn't know, baby. If I knew it, I'd have come the moment this happened to you," I couldn't help but place a kiss on his head, and he slightly shivers at my act. However, he doesn't pull away, but breathes heavily on my chest, trying to control his sobs.

A gentle knock on the door and he suddenly pulls away from me, hurriedly wiping his eyes. The next moment, the door opens and the lady from earlier walks in holding a tray in her hands. She smiles at Jungkook, placing the tray containing oatmeal and nuts on the bedside table. "I added your favourite Greek Yogurt. You must finish it," she tells him.