28. My legs aren't broken!

Taehyung's POV

Today the security guard casually opens the gates for me as soon as I hop out of my car. However, he furrows his brows a little, glancing at the plastic bag in my hands and then looks at his watch as I pass him and enter into the driveway. It was only past 8 Am.

I couldn't wait any longer to see Jungkookie. In fact, I couldn't even sleep properly yesterday. I kept thinking about him the whole night. I went to sleep at 3 Am or something and was wide awake even before 6. Then I went to the kitchen and made some chicken soup and Japchae pancake along with herbal tea for our bunny and quickly packed them before my Mom or hyung could wake up and catch me cooking. Mom thought I had basketball practice today and that's why I left early.

Miss Do, the maid lady from yesterday is the one who opens the doors for me. "Woah, Taehyung! You came so early!" she says in surprise. Yesterday afternoon when I left, I had told her I'd come again today but it looks like she didn't expect me here this early. "Wait, what's that in your hand? Is it breakfast for Jungkook?"

"Yeah, my mom made some chicken soup and herbal tea for him," I reply.

"Oh, how sweet of her!" She smiles. "So, I guess I don't need to prepare his breakfast today."

"No," I shake my head. "How is his fever?"

"I think he is doing so much better than yesterday morning. He was already awake when I went to check on him earlier. And he finished his whole dinner yesterday and soon went to sleep."

"Oh, that's good," I smile. "I'll go see him, then." She nods to me and I quickly skip upstairs.

I open Jungkook's room door to see him, lying awake on his bed, staring at the ceiling. I guess, at first, he thought it was only Miss Do that he didn't even bother to tilt his face and look at the doors. But as I walk in, he turns his head and then suddenly jumps up from the bed.

"What are you doing here so early in the morning?!" He shouts at me, his mouth wide open in surprise, his doe eyes gleaming brightly in the ample natural light streaming in through the large windows opposite the bed.

"Wow, you really look so much better than yesterday!" I smile at him and place the plastic bag on the bedside table. While he is busy frowning at it, I take a step closer to the bed and place my palm over his forehead to check his fever. He flinches a little at my touch but doesn't jerk his face away.

To my relief, he wasn't burning anymore. I place my other hand on my forehead and our temperature feels similar. "Oh, yeah! Your fever is almost gone, bunny," I smile at him and caress his cheeks. I can't help myself from pinching them and instantly he slaps my hands away, glaring at me, cutely.

"Didn't I tell you not to come today?" he huffs.

"Did you?" I frown, placing myself down on the edge of his bed. "A little birdie at my window told me, my bunny woke up early today and was waiting for me."

"I wasn't," he lets out a dramatic sigh and rolls his eyes. I couldn't help but smile at that.

"What's that?" He asks pointing at the bedside table.

"Breakfast for you. I made it myself."

"You know to cook?" He asks looking at me a bit surprised.

"Yeah, I'm pretty good at it. You know what, my hyung is an excellent chef. I often help him in the kitchen. That's how I learned to cook so well," I say proudly. "Tell me what you want tomorrow. I'll make you anything."

"You aren't coming again tomorrow!" he squeals.

"Yes, I am," I chuckle. "C'mon, now let's have breakfast before it gets cold. Did you brush your teeth?"