Sweet sweet status (3)

"Commencing stage two. Stage two consists of 730 hours of personalised training based on your innate ability. Innate ability unlocked. Status screen unlocked. Bloodline unlocked. Skills unlocked."

After the alluring voice dissapeared, a hologram appeared floating in the air in the centre of the much nicer room.

Time remaining: 719: 59: 57

huh....

Kai blankly looks back towards Noelle, who seemed to be about as shocked as he is after hearing the voice in his head...but the voice must have been in her head as well, their heads?

Kai's face twitched slightly as he tries to hide a smile, his first smile since he got trapped in the white room if he excludes having the mattres for one nap. He tried to act calm as he said to Noelle "How about five minutes away from each other to go through our... status screens?"

Noelle looks at him blankly but agrees "Alright... five minutes"

Kai practically slided to the bed on the left side of the room in excitement, this is like all those light novels and webtoons he has read... Except real.

After saying a quick prayer to every God he can think of, Kai opened his status screen.

Name: Kai Reynolds

Age: 17

Level: 1 (10 XP needed)

Class: N/A

HP: 70

Mana: 100

Stats:

Strength: 6

Dexterity: 4

Constitution: 7

Mana: 10

Stamina: 7

Will: 14

Luck: 12

Skills: [Strong mind (Uncommon)] [Nonchalance (uncommon)] [lesser dagger mastery (common)] [Lesser identify (common)]

Bloodline: 97% Human. 3% ???

Innate ability: Will of the Kaiser

"..." Kai remained silent as he stared in shock at the floating blue screen hovering in front of his eyes. Sadly, there is one thing that attracted his eyes more than others.

My...my Dexterity is 4? Kai looked down at his hands and moved his fingers. Sighing deeply, he looked at an overview of what each stat does.

Strength increases how hard one hits, Dexterity how one controls their body, Constitution is his health multiplied by 10. So if kai had 20 Constitution he would have 200 health.

Mana...Mana, Kai had no idea what it did, he knew it was magic sure, but he had no idea how to use it.

Stamina is how much energy one has, Will is kind of confusing though...It doesn't explain what it does, only mentions it has to do with mental fortitude. And finally, Luck gave an increased chance of a critical hit on a percentage amount, but what percentage is unspecified, meaning since Kai has 14 Luck he could have a 14% chance of a critical hit...or even a 1.4% chance.

It also mentioned that luck helps with gaining items... But what items though?

Kai then moves down to his skills and is pretty happy when he sees he has four. He concentrated a bit harder and what each skill does appears before him.

[Strong Mind (uncommon)] Grants medium resistance to mind attacks.

[Nonchalance (uncommon)] Grants an uncanny level of calmness in situations many would find themselves stressing in.

[Lesser dagger mastery (common)] Grants the wielder a 1.1× damage increase when wielding dagger type weapons.

[Lesser identify (common)] Allows the user to view the level of anyone below their level or up to 5 levels above their own depending on their luck stat. Costs 10 mana per use.

Feeling happy but slightly overwhelmed, Kai reviewed what each skill did.

Each skill seemed useful in their own way, yet Kai had no use for them.

He didn't even have a dagger, he had no idea what a mind attack would do, and identify was pretty useless as it was only the woman and him in this room. Both of then had to be level one as this whole thing had only just begun.

A few moments later, Kai scrolled down to his bloodline, maybe the most confusing part of this whole thing.

Bloodline: 97% Human. 3% ???

97% Human: Extremely malleable race. Flexible in all classes and stats. Provides 3 unnasigned stat points per level instead of assigned stat points.

3% ??? - unknown

Unknown... what do you mean unknown? I lose out possibly more stat points due to 3% of something random in my blood?

Kai frowns and sits down on the bed beside him. 3% of something unknown in his blood? Where the hell did that come from?

What the hell had his parents been doing to end up with some secret bloodline?

With a sad sigh, Kai scrolled to the final line of his status. His innate ability, perhaps the most important part since the bloodline turned out to be useless. If it's innate he might the the only one to have it...right?

As Kai read the name he realisesld that...didn't he just lie about his name being Kaiser to Noelle...but the ability is called Will of the Kaiser. Did something compell him to say it in the back of his mind?

No, this wasn't some scenario where he was secretly some OP regressor who had past abilities that were sealed away. It was pure coincidence and Kai was just a normal kid.

Oh well, no use worrying about it now.

Pushing the thought away for now, Kai concentrated and the system showed what his innate ability did...and it's quite a long paragraph.

Innate ability: Will of the Kaiser- Impose your will onto other sentient beings below your level or up to 5 levels above you depending on your luck stat. No one should be able to disobey your commands, not even your enemies.

Kai smiled happily as he read the description of his innate ability, the ability already seems super strong, but it just keeps going.

Allows the user to harness otherworldly creatures temporarily in exchange for mana. Mana expenditure rate is based on the power of the creature who's power you're borrowing. Even creatures cannot resist the tyrannical power of the Kaiser.

Kai frowned slightly at this part.

Otherworldly creatures? Does this mean dragons and stuff? Wait...it said the how much mana I use is based on the strength of the creature, what happens if I use too much mana? Do I die?

After calming down a bit, Kai thought it through and realised that there are definitely weaker otherworldly creatures out there, not everything is a dragon. A fairy or something shouldn't use too much mana...

After he finished collecting his thoughts, Kai realised had technically already used one of his skills. Nonchalance grants calmness to the user when in stressful situations, and being in this situation would be pretty stressful...

Then again, it's not like Noelle is stressing either. Maybe they have the same skill?

And what does it mean even creatures cannot resist the tyrannical power of the Kaiser? Since when am I a tyrant?...and I'm not even German!

With a sigh, Kai turned to see Noelle sitting on the other bed across the room. Kai gave her a small smile and asked:

"Ready to talk?"