Chapter 2

ADARSH'S POV

I was woken up at 8am today. 30 mins early. The jailor gave me my civil clothes.

"Aaj interview hai tumhara."

"Phirse?"

He said uncaffing my wrists. He had question, I could sense

"Kuch puchna chahte ho?"

"Tumko kaise samjha?"

"Samjhjata hai.."

"Tum kon ho?"

"Adarsh Dasgupta. Par yeh aap pehle se jaante ho, kya puchna chahte ho?"

"Last month arrest hue ho aur ab takk 3 news channels interview lene aa chuke hai...Bade admi ho kya?"

I left out a sarcastic chuckle.

"Pata nahi."

"Kya kaam karte the...murder karne se pehle?"

"Sportman tha. Shooter. State ka sabse bada shooter."

He looked at me with pity in his as I said all this with a smirk.

He took me to the room where I was interviewed before. I sat like I used to until I heard the sound of heel. I slowly looked up. I saw a woman. I have seen her somewhere. Her hair tied neatly in a bun. She wore black trousers with a white shirt. A small diamond necklace around her neck. She was beautiful. Her walked changed when she saw me. My brain made me stand up without me stand up for her. I never stood up anyone, not even the lawyers. Now that I had stood up, I didn't know what to do. We made a eye contact for 3 secs and then I looked down.

Whoa..thats the most of I have thought about something other than death since past month.

"Namaste, I am Kashvi Sen. I am a journalist and I am here to interview"

"Na..namaste. I am Adarsh Dasgupta"

I couldn't speak. No one has greated me since a long time...I didn't know how to respond to a person who is here to tell the world how nasty person are you.
She sat down so did I.

"The camera is on Mr Dasgupta."

I nodded.

"You looked surprised when I walked in. Why is that? Got a charecter problem ?"

This bitch. She's just beautiful on the outside

"Miss Sen, I have been interviewed by 3 news channels. Given 6 interviews and none of them were women. The lawyers I see, my jailor, my judge everyone is a man so it was very natural of me to be surprised by your presence"

She seemed satisfied by my answer. Not that I care. I am what I am.

"How are you fitting in this jail?"

What kind of question is this? She is just here to taunt me. Which I deserve in her eyes

"Quite good. But it doesn't matter because of the death sentence."

She smirked.

"Do you think the death sentence is right?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I am a murderer"

She was slightly taken aback by my quick answer but she was fast in hiding it.

"Jinn logo ko tumne maara, woh kon the?"

"Businessman."

"Kaise maara unhe?"

"Gun se. I shot them"

"Where did you shoot?"

"Between their necks"

"Why there?"

"So that they die"

"Why not in the brain?"

"They would not feel it much."

"Why did you want them to feel it?"

"I am not answering that question."

I answered her questions looking straight at her without blinking.

"This is not one of the interviews you gave when you won your matches. You are a criminal. You are compelled to reply."

"I won't"

"You have to....Gopinath!"

He called the officer in charge. Her voice was stern. Fearless. I like it. Gopinath punched me.

"Sawalo ka jawab de!"

"Nahi."

He held my collar and dragged me away from my chair and showered some punches. Between the punches, I noticed Kashvi had gotten up from her chair. There was just a bit of distress looking at this violence. Gopinath pushed me on the chair again.

"Ab de jawab! Puchiye Miss Sen"

She looked at me up and down

"Why did you kill them?"

"None of your business"

She clenched her jaw. Gopinath was about to punch me when she stopped him.
She told the cameraman to stop. They packed their things.

She stood up. I didn't. She leaned forward to me. As if there was no difference between man and woman. Looked in my eyes, gritted her teeth.

"Jo bhi tum chupa rahe ho. Won't be too long before it comes to the entire fucking world, Adarsh"

She is bold.
I spat blood on the floor and smiled at her. I know I had blood on my teeth which should have disgusted her but it didn't.

"All the fucking best, Kashvi!"

She gave me a death glare, bang her hand on the table, turned her back towards me. I started laughing. I love my evil laughter. She walked out of the door.

I know how to protect my secrets.
.

Adarsh Dasgupta ya'all!
Did you like their first interaction? Tashan couple