Chapter 11

KASHVI'S POV

After tons of formalities, we got discharges from hospital. Media was surrounded us.

"Sir Dasgupta. Mr Dasgupta!"

"Miss Sen! Why was Mr Dasgupta in your house?"

Adarsh's head shot up to me and he held my wrist. I tried protecting him from the mob. Security covered us. Adarsh wasn't the usual one. He wasn't trying to protect me. I felt from his moments behind me that he was trying cover himself behind me, he was hiding.

"Mr Dasgupta, apka aur Miss Sen ka kya rishta hai?"

Adarsh's grip on me tighten, protectivly this time.

"Kya apke suicide attempt ki wajah Miss Sen ke saath apke rishte ki tanav tha?"

"What?!"

I stopped walking and faced the reporter. Adarsh was still holding my but pressing it in a way to tell me keep quite.

"Which channel are you from?"

"Bengal 24/7"

"Were you there when--"

"Kashvi..shush.."

He wispered. I didn't care.

"Kya farak padta hai ki humare beech kya rishta hai?"

"Janta jaana chahti hai!"

"Nahi! Aapko TRP chahiye."

"Kashvi, its okay..lets go."

Adarsh instructed. I looked at him. His expressions said he didn't want trouble. Well, too late Mr Dasgupta!

"Darsh, tum chup raho, main baat kar rahi hu na."

And I just called him Darsh infront of the entire media of Bengal. Wow! Lets handle this with grace

"Its none of anyone's business what is between me and Darsh. Do you have any humanity left in you all? You have a person standing in front of him with a bandage on his wrist, stitchs all over his hand because for his self harm and all you wanna know is why was he at my house?"

The media fell silent.

"Media is power. I am a journalist. This is not media...this TV gossip."

My voice was stern. We sat in my car and drove awa from the hospital

"Tumhe itna sab karne ki jarurat nahi thi."

"Ofc thi! They have no right to ask that question."

"Bawal khada hone wala hai. U called me Darsh in front of entire media of Bengal."

"I'll handle"

"Yeah I saw back there Kashvi! Headline banegi. 'Youngest journalist Miss Kashvi Sen ne apne client aur Sportman Adarsh Dasgupta ko bula Darsh' "

I pulled over at home and walked in without paying any heed to him. Ughhhh! He drives me crazy! Suicide attempt na kiya hota na toh sar fod deti uska!

"You should tell the media there is nothing between us"

He said entering the house. I threw my purse away.

"But there is something between us!"

I shouted at him and turned to him.

"Sachai ki murat baana hai tumhe? You are the one who saved a killer! Are you sure you want to tell people I was fucking your brains out?!"

He yelled on top of his voice. A part of me flinched. But the rest was sooo done with his toxicity. My palm clapped on his cheek. The sound of my slap was very prominent. He didn't look up after the slap, he kept looking at the floor. I held his collar and pulled him towards me, not romantically but in temper.
He still looked down but his face showed he wasn't expecting my behavior.