Chapter 9

KASHVI'S POV

He picked me up and took us to the bathroom. Him and me, under the shower. He sucked my lips as if he was jealous of the water touching my lips. He pinned me to the wall and pressed his body against mine, admiring my each inch of me.

"Are you sore?"

"A bit. I can't even walk. You did this on purpose, didn't you?"

"Ofc I did it on purpose. Its my sweet revenge on you for giving me a hard on last night. Plus you'll cling to me all day tomorrow"

There was extra 2 seconds of eye lock. Feeling started raising in us. He parted himself from me.

"You take you time. Main kuch khaane ko mangata hu."

We ordered pizza. We ate it without any real conversations. We spoke about random shit happening in Bengal but none of us dared to speak a word about what's happening between us.
He was dry after that. He didn't make a eye contact after we had sex. We slept on the same bed but without any conversation. Without any good nights.
Why is he sooo confusing? I just want him to be the person he was when I fainted. The one who takes care of me.

Next morning
I left for work without any conversation with him. I wasn't clinging to him. He didn't look like he was ready to catch me if I ever fell considering the 90km distance between us! Adarsh said he won't be home till 1pm today. He was searching for a house. I got home around 1.30pm as I was exhausted from yesterday nights deeds. He wasn't home. I turned on the news. He came in few minutes.

"Hey"

"Hey, ghar jaldi agayi.."

He said. I muted the TV.

"Haa thakk....thakk gayi thi."

I said lowering my voice not wanting to let him know that I was tried because of him. I observed him. He was trying to say something. He cleared his throat. He was looking down at the floor.

"Kk..Kashvi.."

"Haa."

I looked up and he got awkward to see me already looking at him.

"I....I brought you something."

"Oh...aa...umm...what is it?"

I said getting up and standing in front of him. He searched his pocket and hesitantly extended his hand to me with a 5-star chocolate.
I softly chuckled

"5 star? Mere liye? Tum laye?"

"Nahi, bhoot keliye. Koi aur dikh raha hai yaha par?"

He said trying look irritated. I suddenly got cramps in my knee

"Aaao aaao...crampss!"

I lost my balance but he held my hand and supported my back. My head bumped into his chest

"Aaram se aaram se."

Despite of how romantic this moment was, I smelled something. I smelled his shirt

"Kya kar rahi ho?"

I smelled his hand. I looked at him.

"Gunpowder."

His face lost its emotions. My eyes involuntarily went to TV as if universe was giving me all the information I needed.
Pictures of a man lying in middle of the road with a bullet mark in the centre of his neck. His hand was still holding mine and also supporting my back. All the excitement in me faded. I don't know what expressions my face has.

"Yeh...tumne kiya hai...Adarsh?"

I asked. I could barely speak.

"Kashvi....."