Chapter 10

ADARSH'S POV

We went to nearby Durga Pandal. It was very crowded. Kashvi made me wear mask to avoid people recognising me or any media to know I was here.
Kashvi changed into red kurta at her parents house, I was wearing a white hoodie. I was causally dressed. Kashvi and Mr Sen got us into VIP darshan line. Mr Sen took sindoor from Maa Durga's feet and applied it in Mrs Sen's forehead. She blushed. Kashvi was smiling at her parents affection. I remember how dad used to the same. I didn't notice when my eyes went num. Due to wind, the sindoor in Mr Sen's hand flew to my white hoodie.

"Aree ab nahi nikalega yeh sindoor. Aur tum..tum ro reh ho?"

Mrs Sen said with concern

"Nahi main ro nahi raha bas...Maa-papa ki thodi si yaad aagayi"

Kashvi looked at me. I turned my back to them. Mr Sen gave me a side hug as I pretended to be fine. Everyone started joined hands and started praying. Kashvi looked the most dedicated.

"Durga Maa..yeh jo ladki mere bagal mein khadi hai...Woh jo bhi mange, usse de do."

I said joining my hands but I forgot to say that in my mind and it was heard by Kashvi. I could see from my side eye that she was looking at me. She looked away.
Me and Kashvi directly got home after that. The vibe was piercing.

"Is your bag packed?"

She broke the ice...

"Yeah...I'll be out in few minutes."

I go in the washroom, planning to never come out. I don't lock the door. I look at myself in the mirror.

"Jo shuru kiya tha. Ab khatam karde."

I took out a blade from my pocket. I made a eye contact with myself in the mirror as I cut my wrist several times.
I sat down on the bathroom floor looking at life slipping out of my hands...literally. I wanted to yell at the pain but couldn't as Kashvi would hear me. Blood didn't ooze out, its ran out of the cuts. I closed my eyes in ultimate promise to myself that I am never gonna open then again.

I felt pats on my cheeks and screams I couldn't understand

"Darsh!!"

Kashvi yelled as she patted my cheek continuously. She found early

"Aakhe kholo apni Darsh!"

Well I had promised my dad that I would never stop playing but I did so promises can be broken so I can open my eyes. I opened my eyes slowly. She kept saying my name again and again. She called me Darsh rather than Adarsh. As I opened my eyes and saw her face...I am a fool to think there could be heaven better than this. She was in distress.

"What did you doooo!?"

She cried. I checked my pulse and called ambulance together.

"Hello, this is Kashvi Sen speaking. I need a ambulance at MG road. Its urgent. Its a suicide case."

They must have said something upseting because Kashvi got hell angry

"Adarsh Dasgupta has attempted suicide! I am Kashvi Sen and I will screw and sue your hospital if I don't get an ambulance within 5 mins at my door step!"

They got convinced and she cut the call focusing on me again. I was barely keeping my eyes open. My cuts burnt every sec when air touched them. Kashvi tried to make me stand up.

"Please try to stand up Darsh, I can't pick you up!"

She said with a utterly helpless voice. I didn't wanna stand up or do whatever she was telling me to but it felt like her voice made my brain do everything. She supported my back. My hand around her shoulder and her head supported my chest.
The sindoor my hoodie was now on her forehead...
She made me sit on the sofa and kept telling me to keep my eyes open.