Chapter 20

ADARSH'S POV

Life development- Me and Kashvi are friends. Literally, never, for a second, I thought this would happen.
Kashvi is hurt. She is very hurt. But she will show that to me over her deady body!
I overheard her call with Shashank this morning. She was telling him about Bhutan's weather. She told him she should have brought warm clothes as she just has a thin jacket. How did she sleep. Blah blah blah blah. Couples...so irritating!

"Adarsh!"

Deki's voice interrupted my hate thoughts. She was confused and troubled.

"What are you doing? How many breads are you gonna for a sandwhich!?"

I look down at the kitchen counter. Oh....I am in my cafe...making a sandwich. And I have pilled 3 breads upon each other.....

"Where are you lost?"

"Umm..Aa..Sorry. I'll fix it."

"Kashvi ko sorry bola tune?"

Swami pops up in between conversation

"Haa. Dost ban gaye hum."

I told him in a very dry tone as if it didn't matter to me. I worked for few minutes but my mind kept going to Kashvi. It was 3°C this morning. Its very comman here but she is not used to it. I checked my phone. 3.30pm. 12°C. Damn...she must be cold.

"Guys actually, I am heading back home."

"Why?!"

Deki exclaimed switching off the mixer to hear me.

"Gharpe toh koi nahi hoga and you hate being alone"

Swami stated as if he knows me more than I know myself.

"Kashvi hai gharpe"

"Oh...acchaaaaaa...."

He teased with a very serious face. I couldn't even decode if he teased.

I went home. Kashvi was sitting in my room with my huge blanket around her and working on laptop. Probably dad's story

"Hey."

I said to make her aware of my presence
She looked up, quite surprised

"Hey. Tum yaha?"

"Haa...I took half day.."

"Oh, nice."

We stared at each other for 5 seconds, I opened my mouth to speak but she didn't see that and dipped her head in laptop.

"I didn't mean to evesdrop, but maine suna ki tumhare pass garam kapde nahi hai.."

She looked up

"Umm..yeah kinda."

"If you don't mind, I can take you shopping. I mean, 6 days here without warm clothes is going to be veryy...difficult"

I said trying to sound reasonable even when I was reasonable!

"Ummm...its...its fine, I can manage"

No she cannot!

"Hey look if you are uncomfortable going with me, I can ask Deki..."

Her eyebrow raised with tf expression. I realised Deki is not going make her any comfortable

"No not not Deki..no. I meant Swami, Just tongue slip. I can send Swami"

"Tongue slip? Sure sure, Deki and Swami sound soo similar"

Her lips twist as she controls her smile and teased me. I let my formal prosture down and chuckled with her.
She agreed. She wore the jacket she was wearing while walking out if the house and closed the door.