Chapter 17

(I have updated the character chart and playlist. Pls check the parts before chapter 1)

KASHVI'S POV

"Just for the story?"

His eyes pierced into mine.

"Hmm..yes"

I could barely speak. His eyes softened. He stepped even closer. His fingers brushed against my wrists. Sensations running through my body.

"Good."

His voice soft yet dominant. After 5 years....I don't know what to react when he...does this...threatens then softens

His eyes close. Mine stay open. His traces my neck with his nose...clearing his intentions

"Its been 5 years Kashvi..."

Yeah.. Its been 5 years. I am engaged.
Shashank's face pops up in my mind
I press my palm against his chest slightly, hinting him to move away

"Darsh.."

My voice is weak. I am unable to push him away.

"I recognized you when I saw this mole behind your ear"

He attempting to kiss me there but I pressed my palm against his chest with force this time and put a palm's distance between us.

"I can't Adarsh..I...I'm engaged"

His eyes widened as if I had given him a shocker of his life. He withdrew his hand from anywhere near me and distanced himself from me as if  it was 2020 and we had to do social distancing.

"That's...That's...new..umm..Didn't expect...aah....um"

His eyes still fixed on mine as he rubbed neck and ran his fingers through his hair in utter restlessness.

"I'm..I'm sorry. I didn't know. I...I should have asked for..for consent or something..."

His tone has guilt and formalness.

"Sorry if I made you...umm...uncomfortable"

He didn't let me respond. Not that I knew what to respond.

"That's the most sorry you have ever said to me."

He didn't reply or even attempt to. Swami entered the room with my suitcase.

"Yeh karne ki jarurat nahi thi, Main apna bag khud le sakti thi."

I said to Swami who looked more than happy to help.

"No problem. Chivalry is still a thing in this household."

I gave him a simple smile which was much disliked by Adarsh as I could see him glaring at Swami.

"Main lane wala tha Kashvi ki.."

He expressed his unhappiness to Swami was squeezing his shoulders and acting as if he was just messing around.
Discomfort was clear on Swami's face and yet he smirked

"I saw that you were busy...so did the work myself."

He taunted Adarsh and glanced at the bookshelf making his words clear.....He saw Adarsh coming close to me.

"As much as I would like to be a part of this awkwardness between you two...I have to drop Deki home."

Swami's tone confirmed he was Adarsh's bestfriend.

"You are dropping Deki home?"

Adarsh said as if it was something unusual.

"Looks like you need to be here."