Chapter 15

KASHVI'S POV

"Bloody bitch"

I read.

"What?"

Shashank asks. We are sitting in my balcony. We sit in my balcony often now.

"Reading some tweets about me."

"Why are you still reading it? Close it!"

He snatches my laptop away.

"You someone also commented my book is 400 pages of lies."

"Yeah I know. You have been obsessed with that comment for 2 hours now."

He shrugs his shoulders and resumes working on something on his laptop.

"Shashank."

"Hmm"

"Why did you publish my book?"

He looks at me

"What do you mean why? You wanted to publish it. You wrote it. I didn't understand your question"

"Meri book itni controversial hai. Tumhe laga nahi ki tumhara publishing house problem mein aa sakta hai? And you are facing trolls too."

His extended his hand to mine and caressed it.

"Kashvi. I don't care how controversial that book is. I know its the truth. I know its written you. I don't care about the troll. It was written by you....you were not able to publish it anywhere. Everyone rejected it because it was controversial. So I published it. You can a 10 books like this and I will still publish it."

"Why?"

I asked him in disbelief

"Because I love you. Because I believe you."

He said. He has a way of convincing. He has a way of loving. He trusts me.

"Thank you"

Me and Shashank are engaged since a year. We haven't announced it to the world yet.
Shashank is the only part of my life that is remotely functioning. I don't love him. I am not capable of loving anyone no matter green flag he is. I tried and tried and I still try to love him romantically but I can just love him platonically. He doesn't know this. He doesn't question me. The sex is good. Its respectful. Its not mind-blowing. Its not like making love but its not also fucking like animals like....Anyways.

After the award, 2 years went well. I wrote the book. I got and still get a lot of hate for it. My explosive stories were censored. I am the heir of my Dad's firm. And dad....Dad is ill. Very ill. He is on bed. Stomach cancer. Its 2nd stage but its still very frightening. The firm is collapsing. We are now also writing TV gossip. Company is bankrupt. I need money. I need new stories. I need something!

Tears slip my eyes. Shashank immediately pulls my chair closer to him. His face is concerned and he caressed my shoulder

"Heyy hey! Kya hua? Baby tell me."

"I feel dead. When I am not writing about the world, I feel dead. I want to work. I feel so defeated Shashank. You are the only thing that is good in my life. Dad...is not getting better. Trolls don't stop. I have no idea what to do."

"Sab theek hojayega. Main hoon yaha pe."

He consoles me. He stands up and hugs me while I am still sitting. He comforts me. He bends down to my level and kisses me.

"Baby, you'll get through this. Okay."

He consoles me for a while and then sits down on the floor, holding my palms between his. He looks into my eyes. He going to say something very important