Chapter 3

KASHVI'S POV

That motherfucking bastard! I swear to Maa Durga I am going bring out every moment in his life to this bring! He drives me crazy! He's not interesting, he's just downright criminal minded. The way he was laughing when I left. His teeth...he knew they had blood on them. He tried to make me feel disgusted!

I told dad I wanted more interviews, he smirked and took permission.

Violence is not the key to get things out of him. He got up when I came. He explained his surprise expressions and the reason was genuine.

Next Morning.

I wore dark blue jeans with black top. Hair tied in a ponytail. I am sooo determined to melt him down this time. I walked in the room. He was looking at the dooe when I walked in this time. He got up.

"Good Morning"

"Morning."

We sat down. His aura had changed.

"Waise main apko 'tum' kahu ya aap? Aur Kashvi kahu ya Miss Sen? Afterall humare kal ke interaction ke baad, there are no formalities left"

"Kashvi and Aap will be good I think"

"Okay Kashvi. Jaisa aap kahe."

He said with a crooked smile

"Gopinath, I want ki iss kamre mein sirf main aur Adarsh hi ho. Please take out"

Adarsh looked at everyone. He was surprised..Again. He was sitting halfway down the chair. Legs spread apart. A hand on table, one on lap.

"I hope you answer all the questions today"

He nodded. As everyone left, he straighten his position. Sat properly as if he was sitting for an interview.....Well that he was.

"I know you Kashvi. I have seen you on tv"

"Oh. What case?"

"Bank robbery. You were....you were good"

He complimented not even looking at me. I took out my diary and read all the questions once.

"Ready?"

"Yes."

"Where were you born?"

"Kolkata."

"Do you have a family?"

"What is a family?"

"Your blood relations I guess."

Why is he asking this?

"No."

"No? Who were your parents?"

"I don't know"

He said with a straight without even showing a hint of trouble or disappointment.

"Whom did you live with? Where did you live? How did you survive?"

"I was taken in by a man..by a family I mean."

"Who?"

"Rajesh Dasgupta and family"

"We don't have any records of this."

"They didn't ask."

He is cold and deep

"Tell me about your family. Not blood...your loved ones"

He looked disturbed.

"They were...are great. He was my couch for my sport. His wife was my...my...mother"

He tried his vulnerabilities behind his hands.

"Was?"

"She's...dead."

His face was now in his palms.

"What happened?"

"Kashvi please ask me anything else, I...I cannot talk abt it."

Man who murdered 3 men doesn't want to talk abt his foster mom's death.

"We'll get back it later. Why did you become a shooter?"

His put his hands on the table again. There was a wet patch below his eyes now. His face was dusty but just that part was wet or clean we can say. He had tears when I asked about his mom but he was quick to wipe those off...He doesn't know I can see it.

"Couch was my father...He put me in it and I gave my 100%"

"You were not interested?"

"I was not very interested till I won for the first time and then it became my passion"

He showed a hint of smile on his face.

"What happened to your mother?"

His face dropped. He took a breathe

"She was killed."

"What?"

"Aur koi Maa se related sawal nahi."

"Pehli baar Adarsh tum decide nahi karoge ki tumhe konse questions puche jayenge. Now I get why such good channels got nothing out of you!"

"I am not a celebrity! I am a criminal. Stop taking my interviews. How hard it to give a me death sentence?"

"I don't know why but the entire West Bengal wants to alive! Everyone wants to know the story a Sportsman turned a murderer!"

"If you don't want to know then are you doing this Kashvi!? Day after tomorrow is my court date and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it so tell everyone to stop trying"

He yelled getting from his chair and banging his hands on the wooden table. His handscuffs made a noise. I flinched as I didn't expect this.
I got up too. Pointed a finger at him.

"Don't you dare yell at me Adarsh! I will be more than happy when they give you your death sentence but your actions reek of desperation! Why the fuck are you so desperate to die? You have no guilt, No remorse for killing those people!"

I yelled back. He fell silent, turned his back to me, I walked to him.

"Why did you it Adarsh?"

My voice had concern

"You sound concerned. I thought you didn't care."

"I do now."

"Why?"

He said turning to me.

"Because no one is born a criminal and I am sure as hell, you are not the devil to you pretend to be"

"You are just overthinking Kashvi."

"Say what you want to. I'll come back and be ready to tell me everything tomorrow. There will be no cameras, just you and I"

I said packing my stuff and I told Gopinath to open the door.

"Bye Kashvi."

He said as I was about to walk out. I nodded in bye.

Adarsh Dasgupta...You are good at hiding your secrets but not your emotions. They linger in your eyes without your permission.
And Eyes...Eyes Never Lie.
.

Comment your views