Chapter 6 - Gathering Some Noodles (New)

Nearly gave me a heart-attack when I saw a single person joining my Patron under a free membership...and then another recently joined the 1st tier as a paid member. 

<Sc'the>

I finally get to see myself for the first time and instead of staying still and looking myself over I get distracted by a green vine slithering along the ground a little ways away. Redline had been mumbling for a good while about this 'Pops' character and that she 'was going to be in paper jail'...whatever that was...while I got distracted and followed the vine around a tree. 

I don't know what came over me. It just seemed like pouncing on the thing would be so much fun, and what do you know! The next moment I'm rolling around on the forest floor wrestling with a snake, a snake that soon realized their fangs couldn't penetrate my scales and their strength wasn't enough to harm me, soon trying to run away shortly after our scuffle. 

So I wore it as a scarf...A nice loose bundle of living noodle wrapped around my neck because I felt like it. It didn't even move either when I grabbed it! Careful not to cut the thing with my claws and spines of course as I maneuvered it into position. 

I looked back at Redline to see her staring at me with blank shock. 

What? I tilted my head at her to convey my thoughts. She just scoffed and stomped off, well more like stalked off since she didn't really make any sound, but the motion she made looked like stomping so I think it fits better. 

I wish I had a snake in my past life. If they were anything like this one I'm sure I would've had a blast. I proudly followed after Redline with my scarf hanging loosely around me, I didn't even realize I was smiling until she said something about it. 

"Stop grinning like that...it's unnerving." She'd pointed out as I walked beside her, "Did you have to torment that poor Temper Twine like that until it died of shock...wait, is it still alive?" She stepped a few paces away from me and I just looked at her confused. 

Why are you acting like this thing is so dangerous? Its just a little green noodle...I should think about giving you a name if I want to bring you along...

I continued to follow Redline, though sadly at a distance ahead of her because she was being a scardey cat. Anyways, I lost her a few times as she turned at random times or stopped for a few moments. I was just mesmerized by the forest: It had trees with trunks thicker than most of those redwood trees found in the early days of California, and the leaves were probably bigger than a car, even the low ones...and all of them glowed different colors when the light struck them at different angles. It was really a coin towards the term 'magical', though the constant cries through the forest didn't really help the atmosphere of it being peaceful. 

Redline's ears were on a constant swivel here and while I didn't feel much danger there was surely something around that could probably cause her trouble...maybe? If this snake was anything to go by there might not really be anything here that could really be that strong or impactful to cause her such unease. 

Oh look, there's another one...

Over the course of the next several hours I found five more of the snakes, draping most of them over my tail, careful not to scratch them with my blades or spines, and making sure to wrap them a few times each so they wouldn't fall off. 

...I'm pretty sure one or two might've slipped away from me though as I was sure there was a few more on my tail...

{Skill Level Increased: Tracking (Lv. 3), Fear Aura (Lv. 2 (Passive)), Paralyzing Touch (Lv. 3)}

Oh yeah I got three new skills out of this too! One of them, (Fear Aura (Passive)), was a Special Skill too. I'd say that was a win if I'd ever saw one, and now I got to travel in the back. When Redline looked back at me her tail fuzzed up and she started walking a bit faster. Though in doing so it caused me to have to walk that much faster to keep up with her, seemingly playing a game of keep-away with me as she didn't want to get any closer to me and the many ropes of green I had draped around myself.