Chapter 15 - Looking Around (Part 2)

I'm confident I did this story right this time, and I'm willing to give it the energy and time it needs to succeed. 

I don't know what went wrong!

I was able to cook fine for myself back when I was human. The same physics and correlation of certain systems applied here too, so why was the kitchen on fire?!

No. I did not try to cook the oven using my (Flame) to level it; I did think about it though.

...I just stuffed the carcass into the oven after lathering it up with spices, set the dial halfway like I'd seen before, and left to explore a little while it cooked.

I didn't expect to come back to Pops taking out a blackened carcass, and the equally burned rack, with an angry-confused expression. With Redline using what looked like an enchanted tube to spray the area with water...

I'd just stepped into the room again to check on things--after getting lost in the hallways for an hour--I was sure I did everything the right way! Even if I couldn't read the numbers...they somehow knew I was there and a pulse of energy passed around me. Getting Pop's attention and he disappeared, only to reappear beside me and grab me by the scruff--I didn't even know Dragons had that kind of thing!--The next thing I knew I was staring at a half incinerated carcass and the equally destroyed oven with an angry high-leveled being scolding me...

"Just what did you think you were doing?" His growl sent shivers through my entire body, and I couldn't help but let out a small yelp of fear as he moved to point at the destroyed items. "Do you know how much this costs...no, of course you don't." He sighed and dragged a clawed hand over his face, surprisingly not digging four bloody lines through his face doing that. I slowly grabbed a piece of the carcass to munch on--a part that didn't look ruined, but was still badly burned--and ate it slowly.

Huh. It actually tasted pretty good.

...Needed more spice though.

It took a moment, but I was able to get my head and forelimbs to become visible. But I didn't look at him, continuing to stare at the floor in shame and guilt. I probably shouldn't have eaten that; it only made their stares harsher. A quiet whine escaped my chest, but thankfully that seemed to get their moods to lighten up a little toward me.

Pops sighed and looked at the carcass interested. "I'm guessing you intended on copying me from this morning to make something yourself correct?" I nodded visibly, so that they clearly saw what my intentions were, "How did you even know what this did..." I tilted my head at him in the 'oblivious to what was going on' way and he groaned.

"You just thought that you could put some meat in there, and mash all of the seasonings you smelled, and put them all in there together?" Huh? I didn't put all of it in the oven with the--I peeked over the edge of the carcass and saw that inside of it: There were two clearly metallic bowls of spice in the very middle of the entire thing.

I was horrified. Surely I wasn't that incompetent that I would actually put the entire bowl of seasonings in the carcass and then all of that into the oven?! Right? I do remember taking out the spices...and the bowls that still smelled like them--since I figured they went together--but I actually put the whole thing into the oven?

I looked at that and him a few times, bewildered, and Redline burst out laughing.

"Mrahahaha" She fell to the floor and started rolling around laughing like this was the funniest thing in the world. I didn't mean to...I guess I just got a little carried away and accidentally left everything on the meat. Then forgot about it since I didn't know where else to put the bowls... "This has got to be the funniest thing I've ever seen! Hahahaha. Pops it's even better than the time you accidentally left the spines in that Wandering Quill we got, blowing up the last kitchen! Mrahahaha."