Dead On Arrival

“Okay boy

“Okay boy. Gentle landing” I coo patting the top of the crabs head.

He rumbles in adornment, landing in the middle of a traffic section, in front of the police section.

An officer gasps looking up to us.

“Is the Police Commissioner here?” Kai asks as Cole helps me to the ground. The officer nods.

Zane nudged his shocked form, “Don't forget: the best way to defeat your enemy is to make him your friend.”

True an amazing thing we learned a long while ago from Master Wu.

The crab’s claw bumped against my back.

Who knew large monstrous creatures seem to absolutely love me.

“Thank you big guy!”

“Crabby.” Little Wu pipes up.

We make our way inside the station.

“We need the Commissioner.” Kai commands.

“He's not taking any visitors.” a male officer answers.

“But it's important.”

‘All his work is important.”

Jay huffs, “Don't make me zap you.”

Taking a hold of Wu’s eyes I cover his view as Jay zaps the officer allowing us to barge into the commissioner's office.

Nya was first, “Commissioner!”

“So good to see you.” P.I.X.A.L politely greets.

I seriously need to introduce myself again whenever all this stuff is over.

“There's no time to lose.” Kai states.

“Sorry to barge in but it's really quite urgent.” Cole adds.

“We have to vacate the city.” “We need weapons. Lots and lots and lots of weapons.” Zane and Jay say at the same time.

“Crabby!” Wu shouts wiggling in Cole's arms.

“Yes, a cute little Crabby.” I coo booping his nose.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. One at a time. Just shoot it to me straight. What's gonna do me in?”

P.I.X.A.L. cocked her head, “Pardon? Do you in?”

“Every time something bad happens to the city, first thing they do is can the police commissioner. So what is it this time? Subterranean mutant insects? Indomitable flesh-eating zombies? A pirate genie?”

“Pirate genie?” I question with it feeling familiar on my tongue. Huh… weird.

“Yes, why not? Anything can happen in this crazy town.”