Master of the Sea

“Ugh

“Ugh. I'm fucking starving.”

“Zane will get the controls fixed. There's hope.”

Zane walks off the sun, towards us, “There is no hope. I've assessed the damage and it is beyond repair.”

“Which means we're stranded.” Jay sums up.

Benthomaar tilted his head in confusion, “Can you not use your Elemental Powers to summon the whales? They could easily pull this vessel behind them.”

“Summon whales? No, I can't do that.”

“But you are named Nya.”

“Yeah?”

“The first Elemental Master of Water. Nyad. Surely you know the tale of Nyad.”

Maya’s eyes lit up in recognition, “I told you this. Don't you remember? When you were a little girl? The story of Nyad and the whales. She rode upon their backs. We named you after her. But, it's just a children's story, Bentho.”

“It's true. Nyad helped defeat the serpent Wojira. She leapt onto the serpent's head with nothing but a broken trident.”

Nya looked to the fish man, “Benthomaar, I can't summon whales. I can only control water, and right now, not even that.”

“She's right. I was the Elemental Master of Water before her. I would know if something like that was possible.”

“Have you ever tried?”

“Well, no?”

“Then, how do you know?”

Okay pop off Benthomaar.

Nya steps into the sea and closes her eyes. Suddenly, some fish swim up to her. “Oh. Hi, guys. What do I do now?”

“Whatever you're doing, it's working. Try again!”

“Be careful not to call any piranha. Ooh, or sharks. Or, or blowfish. Or fire sharks, or glass snails.” Jay starts panicking, Maya pats him on the back.

Imagine saying ‘THIS is my future son in law.’

After a few good minutes someone disturbed the peace.

“How's it going? Almost done?”

Nya groaned, “No, Jay. There's just a lot of little fish, and they're too small to pull this sub, and we're stuck here, and it's all my fault.”

“It isn't your fault, Nya!”

“How is it not my fault? If I hadn't come along, Calamari would have never found this place” My eyes widen seeing a large creature jump out of the water. “The amulet would still be safe, and–”

Jay gasps, “Nya, look!” He points behind her, where whales have begun to appear.

“Yes!” “All right!” “You did it, Nya! You did it!”