The Gift of Jay

The vehicles race through the jungle, sounds of engines roaring echoed slightly off the trees

Lloyd stops the jungle chopper cutting off the passage from the others.

“What's wrong?” I ask looking up at the cliff he was looking at.

The others come to a stop behind us, “I thought I saw something up there. An animal.”

Jay sighs, “We're in the jungle, Lloyd. I'm sure there's lots of animals.”

“Hey, did anyone bring a snack? I'm starving.” Cole pipes up, notifying me of my own hunger.

“I did.”

“Great!”

“But it fell in the ocean.”

Thanks Jay. Thank you so much.

“Oh, thanks for getting my hopes up.”

Lloyd hops off the vehicle holding his hands up to me, “What kind of animals are there on this island, Twitchy?”

Twitchy Tim jumped down from Jay and Cole's vehicle, “Uh, poisonous pythons, poisonous jaguars, poisonous frogs, poisonous eels, poisonous piranhas, poisonous birds!”

“Poisonous birds?”

Sliding off the chopper I allowed my body to fall into Lloyds arms, not making any comments over the explanation.

“Pretty much everything on this island is poisonous! Especially those berries.” He points at Cole, who is eating some berries.

Lloyd sets me down looking around, “Whatever is on this island, it won't stop us from finding my mom and Master Wu.”

“And Clutch Powers.” Nya adds.

“Huh?” He looks over to me as I nod, “Oh yeah, right. And Clutch.”

A loud growl echos around the area.

“Ha, you weren't kidding. You really are hungry. I can hear your stomach growling from here.” Kai laughs.

“Uh, that wasn't my stomach.”

“Well, if it wasn't your stomach, then who's-”

The growling grows louder. Twitchy Tim curls into a ball on the ground.

“What are you doing?”

“Assuming survival position!”

“You know what? I like that position.” I grumble getting ready to get on the ground myself. A coconut drops on the ground, tapping against my shoe, “What the- EEK”

A heavy body pinned me to the ground, my eyes widened looking up at the dragon on top of me.

“Y/N!” “Dragon!” “Ninja-”