Awakenings

“Are you certain you are up to walking?” Kataru asks as we creep around the halls quietly

“I'm-”

“She's fine” Lloyd answers for me, he then turns to look at me, “are you okay?”

Smiling, regardless of his weird interaction with the bear man, I nodded.

“Which way is the Throne Room?”

Grimfax looked around the corner, “To the left, but we can't go there yet. There's something we have to take care of first.”

A loud sound stopped us in our tracks.

“Hide!”

Arms snaked around my waist and my mouth shutting up my little yelp as the three jumped up, hiding onto the wooden support beams above.

Four Blizzard Warriors walk under us.

Kataru accidentally nudges snow causing it to falls to the ground. The Warriors jump at the sound and look around, but they see no one so they head on.

Lloyd jumped down to the ground, without making a sound. He released me, staring questionable at me.

‘are you sure.’

Nodding my head I pulled him along, following behind Grimfax.

“Vex has a corrupted shard of ice. It is all-seeing. So long as he possesses that, there is no hope of victory. We must destroy it first.”

Lloyd tightened his grip on my hand, “How do you know he isn't watching us right now?”

“If he were, we would already be caught.”

“We better hurry then.” Kataru nods.

“Which way?” I ask looking around just in case.

Grimfax points to the right, leading the way.

“You're sure he's not watching us?” Lloyd asks after a few good turns.

Grimfax glared back at him, “Like I said, if he were watching the Crystal, we wouldn't have gotten this far.”

Turning one more corner we gasped running into Vex and the Blizzard Samurai.

“You were saying?” The male laughs evilly.

My hands latch onto Lloyd’s Gi, hiding behind him.

Kataru immediately transforms into his bear form and Grimfax whips out his ice axe from behind.

“Run!” Grimfax shouts.

“We have to stay together and—”

“No! You must awaken your friend or all is lost! We will hold them back as long as we can!” He pushes Lloyd, causing me to stumble a bit, “Go! Rrgh!”