The Darkness Comes

Noble, a police worker, leads Lloyd and I down a long white hall

Noble, a police worker, leads Lloyd and I down a long white hall. “This is our new maximum-security wing. We spared no expense, I assure you.”

“Very wise.” Lloyd mutters.

The male opens the circular door, “Yep. The entire wing was built for one purpose... to hold the rottenest egg of all. Well... good luck.” He runs off. “See you on the way out.”

“Uh- are you suppose to-” The door slams shut behind me, laser scans pop on, “what an asshat.”

“He's just scared” Lloyd shrugs pulling a switch, a pathway zooms out in front of us towards Garmadon's cell.

“Yeah but leaving a poor, beautiful, amazing defenseless woman in a room with danger? Who does that?”

“Thats true” he hums, “you are poor.”

“I hope you know, I'm gonna cry about that later.”

Rolling his eyes he looked at Garmadon, in his circular shell, “Hmm. Hello, Father.”

“Well, well, if it isn't the Green Ninja, and his little dog.”

“Why is everyone so mean to me today?”

“To what, do I owe the honor?” Garmadon asks ignoring me.

Lloyd sighed, “You sent for me, remember? You said it was urgent.”

“Did I? Hmm. That doesn't sound like me.” He turns around slowly, expressing his carelessness. “I have all the time in the world in here.”

The green ninja grabbed my wrist, “Fine.” He turns around and starts walking away. “Then I guess I'll just—”

“Oh, yes.” Garmadon turns back towards us, “I remember now. I did call you. Do you remember the last time we saw each other? What I said?”

Lloyd nodded releasing my wrist, “You said something was coming.”

“Yes, but you didn't listen. And now, I'm afraid there isn't much time.”

“Time for what?”

Garmadon smiles, “To prepare for the darkness, destruction. The end of Ninjago. And while I'm okay with that, in principle, I'd rather not be destroyed along with you, so I've decided to help you fight them.”

“Fight who?” I ask, peaking around Lloyd's shoulder.

“The Bringers of Doom. You and your color-coded little ninja are no match for them. There's only one thing powerful enough to stop them.”

“Let me guess. You.”

Garmadon sighs, “Let me out, and you might have a chance.”

“Hmm. How do I put this. No. N—O.”

Such a bad boy.

“And people question why i like you.” I dreamily hum.

“What? Who- ugh” he shook his head returning to the conversation, “Not if you were the last person in all of Ninjago. There is nothing you will say that will make me trust you ever again. Goodbye.”