♡24/03/24♡

As the morning sun rose on the 24th of March, Sharmili found herself boarding a plane bound for Ahmedabad, excitement bubbling within her. The anticipation of witnessing Shubman's first IPL match as captain filled her with a sense of exhilaration.

Upon landing at Ahmedabad airport, Sharmili was greeted by Ishan, his infectious smile welcoming her to the city.

Ishan:*hugging Sharmili*"Hey Sharmili, kaisi ho? Welcome to Ahmedabad!"

Sharmili: *reciprocating the hug* "Hey Ishan, I'm good, thank you! It's so nice to finally meet you in person"

Ishan: *grinning* Well now I see why Shubman fell for you. You actually look good yaar.

Sharmili: *with a fake attitude* I know Ishan

They both burst out laughing.

As they made their way to the stadium, Ishan kept the conversation lively and engaging, regaling Sharmili with funny anecdotes and stories from their past conversations. Sharmili couldn't help but laugh at Ishan's witty remarks, feeling grateful for his infectious energy.

Sharmili: " Ishan, you're seriously the funniest person I know. Thanks for making this trip even more enjoyable!"

Ishan: "Aww, shukriya Sharmili! I try my best to keep things interesting. Now, here we are at the stadium. Let's head to my hotel room so you can freshen up before the match."

Arriving at the stadium, Ishan led Sharmili to his hotel room, where he gestured towards the bathroom.

Ishan: *warmly* "Sharmili, yahaan fresh ho jao aur match ke liye taiyaar ho jao. I've arranged everything for you"

Sharmili: *grateful* "Thank you so much, Ishan. I really appreciate it"

After freshening up, Sharmili changed into the GT jersey, excitement coursing through her veins as she prepared to cheer for Shubman and his team.

Ishan who had left the room to give Sharmili all the privacy she required; knocked the door.

Ishan: "Sharmili ho gaya tumhara?"

Sharmili: "Haan Ishan I'm completely ready, we should move now"

Ishan: *smiling* "You look great in that Jersey"

Sharmili: *laughing* "Dhanyawad ji"

As they arrived at the stadium, Ishan led Sharmili to a special area reserved for cricketers' family members and VIP guests.

Shahneel was already there, waiting for them. (Ishan had already let her know his plan) As Sharmili approached, Shahneel's face lit up with a smile.

Shahneel:"Hey Sharmili, so glad you could make it! You look great in that jersey."

Sharmili:*hugging her* "Thanks, Shahneel! I'm really excited for the match."

Shahneel:"I'm sure you are! It's going to be a fantastic game."

As they exchanged pleasantries, Sharmili felt a sense of warmth among the other people of the GT family. She couldn't wait for the match to begin, eager to witness Shubman's momentous moment as captain from this privileged point.

Meanwhile, Ishan excused himself, explaining that he needed to join his team in the dressing room. With a reassuring smile, he left Sharmili in the capable hands of Shahneel and the other guests, knowing that she would enjoy the match to the fullest.

── •✧• ──

As Sharmili settled into her seat among the special guests, she felt her phone to vibrate and noticed multiple missed calls from Shubman. Quickly realizing her mistake, she answered the incoming call, her heart pounding with nervousness.

Sharmili:*nervous*"Hello, Shubman. I'm so sorry,Maine tumhara call nahi dekha."

Shubman:*pissed off* "Are Sharmili, why are you not picking up my call? I've called you eight times already.

Sharmili:*apologetic* "I'm really sorry, Shubman. I completely forgot. Please forgive me."

Shubman: "Don't you remember it's my first match today?"

Sharmili: *smirking* "Ohh shittt! Shubman I'm so so sorry I completely forgot about it!"

Shubman:*saddened* "Where are you? I want to see you before the match."

Sharmili: "Where are you?"

Shubman:"I'm climbing the stairs to the VIP box. Bolo tum kaha ho? I wanna video call you before the match"

Sharmili:*mysterious*"Look in front of you."

Shubman: *confused* "Matla...."

As Shubman reached the top of the stairs, he glanced ahead and froze in shock. There, standing before him, was Sharmili, looking radiant in her GT jersey.

Shubman:*shocked* "Sharmili... You're... you're here?"

Sharmili:*radiant* "Yes, Shubman. Surpriseeeee!"

Shubman's heart swelled with love and gratitude as he gazed at Sharmili, overcome with emotion at her unexpected presence.

As soon as he got back his senses, Shubman hugged Sharmili as tight as he could, completely overlooking the fact that several cameras and people were looking directly at him.

── •✧• ──

ˏˋ 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔࿐ ‧₊˚