♡21/05/24♡

The tension in the air was palpable as the match between Gujarat Titans and Rajasthan Royals reached a fever pitch. The crowd roared with anticipation, their eyes glued to the screen as Shubman Gill stepped up to bat. But to everyone's dismay, Shubman's innings was short-lived, as he was dismissed for a duck, sending shockwaves through the stadium.

As the match unfolded, with Gujarat Titans eventually losing to Rajasthan Royals in the Qualifier 1, the disappointment among the fans was palpable. Yet, it was the Qualifier 1 and GT still had a chance in the Eliminator.

But amidst the frustration, a darker undercurrent began to surface on social media, as trolls took to Twitter to vent their hate.

── •✧• ──

"Shubman Gill's golden duck cost GT the match! Was he distracted by his girlfriend?"

"Sharmili is a distraction to Shubman Gill. GT would've won if she wasn't in the picture. #ShubmanDeservesBetter"

"Shubman's performance has been declining ever since he got involved with Sharmili. Coincidence? I think not."

"Bhai ne bandi pata liya ab ise match ki koi padi nahi hai #bkl"

"Is Sharmili a bad luck to Shubman Gill? I think so"

"Ban this Sharmili in the stadiums, she is the reason for GT's loss today"

── •✧• ──

Sharmili's heart sank as she scrolled through the hateful tweets, each one a dagger to her already fragile confidence. Tears welled up in her eyes as she blamed herself for Shubman's failure, convinced that she had somehow been a hindrance to his success.

Sharmili: *whispering to herself* "Mujhe aana hi nahi chahiye tha"

Shubman noticed the change in Sharmili's demeanor and immediately rushed to her side, his heart breaking at the sight of her distress.

Shubman: *wrapping his arms around her* "Sharmili, don't listen to them, They don't know what they're talking about. You're not to blame for anything."

But Sharmili couldn't shake off the feeling of guilt that weighed heavily on her heart.

Sharmili: "But what if they're right, Shubman? What if I really am a distraction to you?"

Shubman gently lifted her chin, meeting her tear-filled gaze with unwavering determination.

Shubman:  "Listen to me, Sharmili, You are not and will never be a distraction to me. You are my strength, my inspiration. Don't let these trolls get to you."

Sharmili sighed, not being actually persuaded. Shubman understood that from her expression.

Shubman: "Sharmili tumne Anushka bhabhi ka hate era nahi dekha? People are like that only. We cannot deny the fact ki I'm a crush of many girls. They are jealous of you Sharmili. You need to understand that!"

Sharmili: *nodding* "I know that Shubman but..."

Shubman placed a finger on Sharmili's lips.

Shubman:"no buts"

With a heavy sigh, Sharmili leaned into Shubman's embrace, finding solace in his words. But as the hateful comments continued to pour in, Shubman knew that he had to take a stand.

Pulling away from Sharmili, he grabbed his phone and opened Instagram, his fingers flying across the screen as he composed a fiery message to his detractors.

In his Instagram story, Shubman posted a photo of himself and Sharmili, their arms wrapped around each other, with a caption that read:

"To Sharmili - my rock, my support through thick and thin, my everything"

As the message spread like wildfire across social media, Sharmili couldn't help but feel a surge of gratitude towards Shubman. Despite facing adversity, he had stood by her side, proving that their love was unshakeable.

With Shubman's unwavering support, Sharmili found the strength to rise above the negativity, knowing that together, they could overcome any obstacle that came their way.

── •✧• ──

Sharmili: *cuddling him while sleeping* "Shubman?"

Shubman: "Hm?"

Sharmili: "Chinta mat Karo ha? You are a greattt player okay?"

Shubman: *pulling her closer* "You think so?"

Sharmili: "Yes and I know you will slay in the Eliminator"

Shubman: "And if I don't?"

Sharmili: "Bura mat socho Shub"

Shubman: "Bolo na, what if I don't?"

Sharmili: *kissing his cheeks* "Then also you are a great player and I'm always there by your side"

Shubman: "I love you Sharmili"

Sharmili: "Mm"

And both of them drifted off to sleep.

── •✧• ──

Guyss please comment because I love reading them
🤡

ˏˋ 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔࿐ ‧₊˚