♡The Finale♡

The Wankhede Stadium pulsated with energy as the IPL final unfolded, pitting the Gujarat Titans against the Rajasthan Royals in a nail-biting clash. With the Royals setting a daunting target of 225 runs, the pressure was on the Titans to deliver with the bat. The Titans' bowling unit faltered, failing to contain the opposition's onslaught.

As the match progressed, the tension mounted with each passing over. Wickets fell at crucial junctures, leaving the Titans teetering on the edge. Amidst the chaos, one man stood tall - Shubman Gill. With a steely resolve and unwavering determination, Shubman anchored the innings, forming a formidable partnership with Rashid Khan.

The duo's partnership of 121 runs turned the tide in the Titans' favor, breathing new life into their chase. Shubman's bat blazed with ferocity as he unleashed a barrage of sixes, amassing a total of 102 runs, while Rashid Khan played a blistering knock of 53 runs off just 19 balls.

As the match hurtled towards its climax, the tension was palpable in the air. With just one shot remaining, the Titans needed a six to clinch victory. All eyes were on Shubman as he took his stance, the weight of expectations heavy on his shoulders. In a moment of sheer brilliance, Shubman unleashed a mighty blow, sending the ball sailing over the boundary ropes.

The stadium erupted in a cacophony of cheers as the Titans secured a thrilling victory. The crowd roared with delight, players embraced in jubilation, and the atmosphere was electric with excitement. Amongst the sea of faces, Shubman's whole family and Sharmili's family were beaming with pride, their hearts brimming with joy.

Sharmili was overwhelmed with emotions as she hugged Shahneel and her own sister, tears of joy streaming down her cheeks. Her heart swelled with pride as she watched Shubman's heroic innings unfold on the field.

The people were celebrating like mad. SHUBMAN GILL HAS DONE IT!! The youngest captain in the Tata IPL history won a cup! The whole team of GT were celebrating! They had won inspite of having such difficulties this year.

As Shubman made his way to the VIP box, he was greeted with thunderous applause from the crowd. His parents enveloped him in a tight embrace, their eyes shining with pride and happiness. Sharmili's parents congratulated him warmly, showering him with blessings and good wishes.

As Sharmili approached to hug him, he overlooked her and started a chat with his sister who was pulling his cheeks. Though Sharmili was too happy to think about anything else, yet a very small part of her felt a bit bad.

Suddenly Shubman turned to her and held her hand.

Shubman: "Niche chalo"

Sharmili: "Haan?"

Shubman: "Come on niche chalo mere saath" *towards the parents* "Main use niche leke Jaa raja hu ha?"

Shahneel: *winking at him* "Haan tu ja"

With Sharmili by his side, Shubman descended to the ground, the euphoria of victory coursing through his veins.

Shubman held her hand and took her to the ground, in the middle of the pitch.

Sharmili: *confused* "Shubman? Baat kya hai?"

Shubman: *to Jatin Sapru* "Bhaiya thoda mic doge?"

Jatin: *handing the mic* "Yes all yours"

Sharmili was utterly confused. What are we even doing in the middle of the pitch? Wait is he going to announce in that mic that I'm his girlfriend?

Sharmili: "Shubman would you please explain?"

Without answering her, Shubman took out something from his pocket, something Shahneel had handed him while that hug.

Sharmili: "Shubman kya..."

In a moment that would be etched in the books of cricketing history, Shubman dropped to one knee in front of Sharmili.

In the mic he had taken the mic from the anchor, Shubman's voice resonated through the stadium... With trembling hands, he produced a ring, his heart pounding with nervous excitement.

"Sharmili Chatterjee," he began, his voice stuttering yet confident, "will you be mine?"

Overwhelmed with emotion, Sharmili could barely find her voice amidst the flood of tears and laughter. She took a moment to pinch herself to check if it was true or not.

The whole team of GT and even RR had gathered around them, every one shouting "Say Yes!!" The crowd joined in as well. The moment was giving goosebumps (A/N: mujhe likhte likhte aa rahe hain)

With trembling hands, she extended her hand, a silent affirmation of her love and commitment. She didn't have any capacity left to speak anything.

The crowd held its breath as Shubman slid the ring onto Sharmili's finger, sealing their love for eternity. In an instant, the stadium erupted in a deafening roar of applause and cheers, the sheer magnitude of the moment leaving everyone spellbound.

Shubman had planned the whole proposal scene so dramatically that it was getting telecasted in whole India! Who did every think that Shubman Gill who loved to keep his life private would propose his girlfriend infront of the whole fucking nation

As Sharmili tugged Shubman to stand up, she pulled him into a tight embrace, the world around them faded away, leaving only the two of them in a bubble of pure bliss. In that moment, amidst the chaos and celebration, their love shone brighter than ever, a beacon of hope and happiness for all to see.

It was a moment that would be cherished for a lifetime, a testament to the power of love and the magic of cricket. And as they basked in the warmth of each other's embrace, Shubman and Sharmili knew that their journey together was just beginning, filled with endless possibilities and boundless love.

(A/N- Kiss karne ka man tha par India mein kiss to above 18 maani jaati hai na? TV par dikh rahe hain to kaise kare?🤡)

── •✧• ──

Bhaiiii MUJHE RONA AA GAYAAA

Yeh wala chapter chota hai par khota hai🤡
(Aakash Chopra se churaya Maine dialogue)

As you guys may guess as well... The story is somewhat coming to an end.

The next chapter would be kind of a epilogue but I want your opinion. You want a very long maybe 5000 words wala chapter or you want me to divide the epilogue into smaller episodes? Please please comment.

Aur please vote comment bhi kardiya karo, aur kuch hi baar karna padega bas🤡🥲

── •✧• ──

ˏˋ 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔࿐ ‧₊˚