♡15/05/24♡

Sharmili woke up in the morning to see that Shubman had already left the bed. She checked her phone and it was just 6am. She wanted to go and look for him -but just like us- she fell asleep again.

The next time she woke up, it was already 7:30 am. She saw that Shubman was still not in the room. This time, her concern for Shubman won over her laziness and she got up from the bed.

She tripped over a pair of slippers when she felt strong arms holding her, preventing her from falling. Yes obviously it was Shubman.

Sharmili: "Subah se kaha the tum?"

Shubman: "Aise hi, tehelne gaya tha"

Sharmili: "Ohh acha.. bolke jana chahiye na? I was looking for you"

Shubman: "Mohotarma aap so rahi thi, main kya uthake bolta?"

Sharmili: "Tum sach mein millennial ho yaar, you could have texted me na?"

Shubman rolled his eyes and Sharmili made a -tumse na ho payega- face.

Sharmili went to get fresh, have a bath while Shubman scrolled through his phone.

── •✧• ──

When Sharmili came to the room, completely dressed Shubman was not there.

Sharmili: "Yeh Banda phir se gayab ho gaya?"

She walked downstairs to see the hotel being decorated. She noticed Sai walking by and went to him.

Sharmili: "Bhai kya hai Aaj?"

Sai: "Wo aj koi party hai. Hum playoffs mein chale gaye na isliye. Plus aj kuch gujrati festival bhi hai toh traditional dress code hai. Mere paas to traditional koi kapda hi nahi hai"

Sharmili: *laughing at Sai's condition* "Accha accha thikhai. Shubman kaha Hain pata hai tumhe?"

Sai: "Shub bhai toh abhi gaadi leke kahi nikle"

Sharmili:*confused* "Are mujhe bola bhi nahi? Choro tum kapde dhundo. Main upar gayi Haan?

Sai nodded and Sharmili got upstairs.

── •✧• ──

Sharmili had spend the past one hour studying (hamari tarah nahi hai, books leke ghumne jaati hai). She got up to hear a knock at the door. She opened the door to see Shubham standing with two shopping bags in his hand.

Sharmili: "Yeh kya hai? Tum mujhe Bata kar kyu nahi jaate?? I was getting tensed yaar!"

Shubman held his ears as a sign of apology and handed the bag to Sharmili. Sharmili looked into the bag to see a black cloth. She took it out from the box to see a black sequined saree with intricate embroidery and it looked extremely pretty. The blouse was a sleeveless one with ruffles and a elastic back which made it quite a free size.

Sharmili: *amazed* "Shubman this is beautiful, so beautiful!!"

Shubman: *smiling* "Ab kya kar sakte hain, meri pasand hi itni acchi Hain"

Sharmili: *with a fake attitude* "Haan ji mereko hi dekhlo"

Both of them laughed and then Sharmili moved on to look in the other package. She took out a similar looking black kurta having the same embroidery. Shubman had bought matching clothes for them.

Sharmili hugged Shubman tightly and he hugged her back. They held this embrace for a while until Sharmili broke off.

── •✧• ──

It was evening. Shubman had already got ready for the program and gone downstairs to check upon the arrangements. He is the captain after all. Sharmili on the other hand was done with her attire and was wearing the jewellery.

Shubman entered the room to see Sharmili putting on earrings. He looked at Sharmili in the mirror and did 👌🏽 this gesture. Sharmili smiled and looked down.

Shubman came closer to her, maintaining the eyecontact in the mirror. He caressed her uncovered back and put his chin on her shoulder, still maintaining the eye contact. He was back hugging her.

Shubman: "Hum eksath mast lagte hain nahi?"

Sharmili was blushing really hard.

Shubman took up the necklace she was about to wear and softly removed the hair from her neck. He put the necklace on her collarbone and tied it. He held Sharmili's bare waist (the part which was not covered by the sari) leaving goosebumps on her skin. They were in very close proximity. Shubman left a gentle kiss on Sharmili's neck. Sharmili closed her eyes, unable to breath in that moment.

After a while, Sharmili finally found her voice back.

Sharmili: *shy* "Shubman darwaza khula hai, kya kar rahe ho?"

Shubman: *turned to head towards the door* "Thik hai main band kar deta hu"

Sharmili hastily held his wrist pulling him behind.

Sharmili: "already saat baj gaya hai, Hume ab niche Jana chahiye"

Shubman: "par.."

Sharmili: "Koi par war nahi, niche chalo."

She pulled him holding his wrist and both of them went downstairs to the venue of the party.

── •✧• ──

It was a hell of an arrangement. Everything looked beautiful and everyone had gathered their, be it the cricketers, the support staff, the coaches, even the groud staffs. People who were married or had girlfriends and kids were also with them. A photographer came to Sharmili and Shubman when she was about to leave the frame.

Shubman: *holding her hand* "Kya huya?"

Sharmili pointed at the photographer.

Shubman: "Haan khichne do na" *to the photographer* "acche se khich do haan, aur mereko bhej dena"

The photographer smiled and click many photos of them, suggesting them various poses. He even clicked candids of them laughing together, one in which Shubman was removing the hair strand which was disturbing Sharmili.

Suddenly Shubman asked everybody for attention.
Everyone turned to them and looked at him in anticipation. Even Sharmili didn't know the motive behind it and was confused. He even pointed at the camera man to take a video.

Shubman: *to everyone* "Guys there are many speculations and many of you know it..." *holding her hand* "this is Sharmili Chatterjee, my other half."

Sharmili was looking at Shubman with eyes full of love and admiration.

Shubman: *chuckling* "This is the official announcement actually so that I stop getting shipped with other people. Admin please post this video on the gram okay? And don't forget to tag me"

The hall brokeout with applause. Every one came along to congratulate both of them, hug them and it was the Best Day of Their Lives... till date obviously.

── •✧• ──

Girls don't get delulu Haan? Shubman nahi patne wala🤡

ˏˋ 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔࿐ ‧₊˚