Chapter 12: Kensington Gardens

~~Maylee~~

She wasn't going to let that ruin her day. Nope. She didn't even know if it was him. There was no way that asshole would be willing to follow her across the ocean. Hell no. She was probably imagining things.

Though... she knew he held grudges... and she'd made him look like a fool before she'd run...

Agh no no, this wasn't going to ruin her day!

After they'd dropped the groceries off back at the house she took Ominis' arm to walk toward the gardens, but he was suddenly rather quiet with a little scowl on his face.

"Something is wrong... what is it, Maylee?" He asked softly.

Damn, this man was getting too good at reading her somehow. He was blind, how was he figuring out just how she felt like that?

"I just... the man who bumped into me looked awful familiar." She admitted softly.

Ominis' scow deepened. He was so expressive...

"Was it the ex you told me about? There's no way he could have found you again, not all the way out here."

"That's what I was thinking too. I'm probably just imagining things." She sighed softly, putting her hand over his on her arm. It was a touch to reassure herself just as much as him. "Let's head to the gardens, okay?"

Ominis took her hand with his and brought the back of her palm up to his lips in a way that made her want to swoon. Oh, this man- he was so romantic... "Alright." He said with a soft smile against her hand.

She blushed brightly and let out a little shy giggle at that. It was so funny that she was feeling bashful, just last night he'd sucked his cock and now she was blushing over him kissing her hand.

His face was still thoughtful as they walked, though he looked a lot more comfortable with being outside than before. His hair was still partially over his eyes so it was harder to read him, because those eyes were so very expressive. Sometimes she wondered if he even knew that or not.

The walk to the gardens was rather nice, Ominis sometimes asking what certain sounds were, or smiling when she described things she thought were interesting. It was hard to imagine not being able to see everything, so she wanted him to experience the world outside as much as he could. Part of her wished he could go out to the country, but that might be wishful thinking. She missed the country... she missed the hills back home, the mist over the mountains in the distance... but going back would be dangerous.

She'd heard about the gardens but she hadn't actually been there herself yet. The entrance seemed pretty expected, a high fence with an arch with bushes on either side of it.

"It smells nice already." Ominis said curiously. "Are we getting close?"

"We're just coming up to the entrance." Maylee smiled, squeezing his arm excitedly with hers. He chuckled gently and gave her a squeeze back with their hooked arms, looking toward the sound of running water in the distance.

Once they were inside Maylee stopped for a moment to look around in awe, the flowers and bushes and trees of the gardens downright impressive. With spring in full swing it was vibrant and colorful, tulips hyacinth and daffodils filling the air with sweet flowery scent.

"Come on, let's look at the flowers first." She said eagerly, bringing him in that direction. He grinned as they walked quickly over to them, Maylee letting go of his arm long enough to bend over and smell a hyacinth with a soft sigh of delight.

"Here, do you want to feel it? Hyacinth are flowers that stand upright, and have lots of little flowers on them." She took his hand gently after he nodded, bringing him to the flower so he could feel it. His touch was gentle and curious, a little smile coming to his face.